D
Posted By
durangolobo
Dec 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I created a monitor profile with Monaco software but I think I still have the Adobe Gamma loader.exe active too, so I’m getting two writes to the LUT. I used to be able to find this in the Start folder but with XP I can’t quite figure out where the gamma loader is anymore.

A search turns up these possible suspects …

\Windows\Prefetch\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe-2926xx..pf

\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe

\Documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Gamma Loader (shortcut)

How do I access the right Start Menu or Startup folder to remove this without screwing something else up?

Lobo

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

F
Flycaster
Dec 8, 2003
"DurangoLobo" wrote in message
I created a monitor profile with Monaco software but I think I still have
the
Adobe Gamma loader.exe active too, so I’m getting two writes to the LUT.
I
used to be able to find this in the Start folder but with XP I can’t quite figure out where the gamma loader is anymore.

\Documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Adobe Gamma Loader (shortcut)

The last one (the shortcut) is the one you want to delete. Simply follow the path.

—–= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =—– http://www.newsfeeds.com – The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! —–== Over 100,000 Newsgroups – 19 Different Servers! =—–
B
bhilton665
Dec 8, 2003

I used to be able to find this in the Start folder but with XP I can’t quite figure out where the gamma loader is anymore.

The Softies keep moving the Start folder in different versions of Windows … in XP you can access it with Start > All Programs > Startup and if the loader.exe is there you should delete it if you created a profile with a different tool.

I get this loader.exe just by installing CS or Elements even when I don’t run Adobe Gamma, which to me seems to be a bug.

Bill
M
mjb
Dec 15, 2003
Start>all programs>startup
"DurangoLobo" wrote in message
I created a monitor profile with Monaco software but I think I still have
the
Adobe Gamma loader.exe active too, so I’m getting two writes to the LUT.
I
used to be able to find this in the Start folder but with XP I can’t quite figure out where the gamma loader is anymore.

How do I access the right Start Menu or Startup folder to remove this
without
screwing something else up?

Lobo
S
Scroobie
Dec 16, 2003
On 08 Dec 2003 15:52:58 GMT, (Bill Hilton)
wrote:

I used to be able to find this in the Start folder but with XP I can’t quite figure out where the gamma loader is anymore.

The Softies keep moving the Start folder in different versions of Windows … in XP you can access it with Start > All Programs > Startup and if the loader.exe is there you should delete it if you created a profile with a different tool.

I get this loader.exe just by installing CS or Elements even when I don’t run Adobe Gamma, which to me seems to be a bug.

Bill
What a mess. Bill, why don’t you write a book or something? I mean really!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections