WR
Posted By
w.robson
Jan 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m a totasl newbie to this group but I’ll jump right in. Today my other half and I had our 20 week scan done of our baby. I’m trying to find ways of improving the quality and possibly doing a fake ‘3D render’ of the face portion. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Wayne…

PS if this is the wrong group for this sort of enquiry please point me towardsa more suitable one.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
steggy
Jan 6, 2005
"Wayne…" wrote:
I’m a totasl newbie to this group but I’ll jump right in. Today my other half and I had our 20 week scan done of our baby. I’m trying to find ways of improving the quality and possibly doing a fake ‘3D render’ of the face portion. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Wayne…

PS if this is the wrong group for this sort of enquiry please point me towardsa more suitable one.

Pfew………..that is a good one Wayne and I think you are (partially) in the right group.

But how to do that…….I have seen good ultrasound pictures, I have seen pictures where it was impossible to see any body parts:)) But that may be me…..

I would start out by juggling with the contrast. These are black and white I assume? Try and isolate the upper part of the body including the face. I have heard there is some 3-D rendering in Photoshop CS, sorry I do not have that version, but not sure what it can do. I guess uplifting the image in PS and then using a real 3-D piece of software might be a solution.

But remember: what come in gets out, and an Ultrasound Scan is not the best input……good luck and I for one am curious:))

steg
MR
Mike Russell
Jan 6, 2005
Wayne… wrote:
I’m a totasl newbie to this group but I’ll jump right in. Today my other half and I had our 20 week scan done of our baby. I’m trying to find ways of improving the quality and possibly doing a fake ‘3D render’ of the face portion. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

You may be able to do something with the image, but I doubt you can get a surface rendering from it.

There are good algorithms for rendering 3d surfaces from ultrasound data, indeed there are "vanity" shops here in the US that do non-medical ultrasounds for exactly this purpose, but they require access to the original sensor data, which is not present in the image. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
A
arrooke
Jan 6, 2005
Thanks in advance.

Wayne…

3d render is easy but it takes about another 16 – 20 weeks to complete. And if you’re not satisfied with the results at that point? What will you do; Photoshop a new face 🙂
C
Corey
Jan 7, 2005
You may be able to get a neat effect by adding a texture layer in the Render Lighting Effects Filter (bottom of The Rendering panel -adjusting "depth").

Peadge 🙂

"Wayne…" wrote in message
Thanks in advance.

Wayne…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections