how to open Photoshop CS3 without Bridge?

B
Posted By
burt
Jan 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On my Mac, whenever I launch Photoshop CS3, it also launches Bridge. It does not do that on my wife’s Mac, so there must be some option to control this that I have not found.

Any hints on how to stop this behavior?

– Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.
http://www.mindstorm-inc.com/software.html

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JR
Jolly Roger
Jan 13, 2008
In article <1iamk8d.1ypexgc1n2f6ctN%>,
(Burt Johnson) wrote:

On my Mac, whenever I launch Photoshop CS3, it also launches Bridge. It does not do that on my wife’s Mac, so there must be some option to control this that I have not found.

Why? All you need to do is type Command-Q, right? Big deal.

; )

Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to this address so that your email doesn’t get eaten by my SPAM filter.

JR
N
nospam
Jan 13, 2008
In article <1iamk8d.1ypexgc1n2f6ctN%>, Burt
Johnson wrote:

photoshop preferences, general panel, uncheck ‘automatically launch bridge’
B
burt
Jan 13, 2008
Jolly Roger wrote:

(Burt Johnson) wrote:

; )

The Big Deal is not the quitting, it is the very long launch time. It adds something like 30-45 seconds to the time it takes me to launch Photoshop. Since I almost never use Bridge (I use Lightroom for my browsing), I would like to avoid that extra launch time.

– Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.
B
burt
Jan 13, 2008
nospam wrote:

In article <1iamk8d.1ypexgc1n2f6ctN%>, Burt
Johnson wrote:

photoshop preferences, general panel, uncheck ‘automatically launch bridge’

Duh… I KNOW I searched those preference panels for something like that and didn’t find it. You just snuck that in on me tonight, didn’t you?

Yep. That was what I wanted — thanks!

– Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.
L
Lefty
Jan 13, 2008
"Burt Johnson" wrote in message

– Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.

Its in the Photoshop preferences, under general.
JR
Jolly Roger
Jan 13, 2008
In article <1iamoxa.1sdba3p1h31frnN%>,
(Burt Johnson) wrote:

Jolly Roger wrote:

(Burt Johnson) wrote:

; )

The Big Deal is not the quitting, it is the very long launch time. It adds something like 30-45 seconds to the time it takes me to launch Photoshop. Since I almost never use Bridge (I use Lightroom for my browsing), I would like to avoid that extra launch time.

Sorry, I was just giving you a little bit of your own medicine. ; )

Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to this address so that your email doesn’t get eaten by my SPAM filter.

JR
B
burt
Jan 13, 2008
Jolly Roger wrote:

; )

Yes, and I gave the Why. The iPod OP never said why it was a Big Deal to unplug the iPod. I am still wondering why…

– Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.
JR
Jolly Roger
Jan 13, 2008
In article <1iane0i.1sysq77mlznnmN%>,
(Burt Johnson) wrote:

Jolly Roger wrote:

; )

Yes, and I gave the Why. The iPod OP never said why it was a Big Deal to unplug the iPod. I am still wondering why…

We may never know that, but I can certainly think of several *potential* reasons.

JR

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections