Alen Botica
Dec 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

V
Voivod
Dec 20, 2004
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:03:12 +0100, "Alen Botica" scribbled:

?

It takes up space, hence the name.
F
Fungusamungus
Dec 21, 2004
a lot of web designers will use a spacer.gif. It’s a 1×1 transparent gif image, that you can use to fill in space (w/o being visible), and you can resize it any size in the html coding. It’s commonly used to fill empty table cells, or force invisible indents.

"Alen Botica" wrote in message
?

S
SpaceGirl
Dec 21, 2004
Fungusamungus wrote:
a lot of web designers will use a spacer.gif. It’s a 1×1 transparent gif image, that you can use to fill in space (w/o being visible), and you can resize it any size in the html coding. It’s commonly used to fill empty table cells, or force invisible indents.

?

Used by designers who dont know any better.

Stylesheets are what you are SUPPOSED to use… spacer images are just… well… silly.

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

# lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
# remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #
K
Kingdom
Dec 21, 2004
SpaceGirl wrote in
news::

Fungusamungus wrote:

?

Stylesheets are what you are SUPPOSED to use… spacer images are just… well… silly.

A rather snobby attitude, there is no ‘supposed to use’ in design work. It’s also rather snobby on the grounds that where as you may have had the benefit of a formal education in web design many are self taught or educated to a high leval in some other disipline and web design is must have quickly requirement.

Beats me that you bother to post with a snobby reply rather than make any efforet to address the question. Why bother?

Youth is wasted on the young!
S
SpaceGirl
Dec 21, 2004
Kingdom wrote:
SpaceGirl wrote in

Fungusamungus wrote:

?

A rather snobby attitude, there is no ‘supposed to use’ in design work.

😀

It’s also rather snobby on the grounds that where as you may have had the benefit of a formal education in web design many are self taught or educated to a high leval in some other disipline and web design is must have quickly requirement.

No formal education in design, nope.

Beats me that you bother to post with a snobby reply rather than make any efforet to address the question. Why bother?

The question had already been answered. I was just adding to it. Anyway… whre’s my smack!? Dont I get a smack for being bad?

:p

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

V
V1nc3nt
Dec 21, 2004
Kingdom wrote:
SpaceGirl wrote in

Fungusamungus wrote:

?

A rather snobby attitude, there is no ‘supposed to use’ in design work. It’s also rather snobby on the grounds that where as you may have had the benefit of a formal education in web design many are self taught or educated to a high leval in some other disipline and web design is must have quickly requirement.

And where exactly is your ‘effort to address the question’? Why be bothered?
K
Kingdom
Dec 21, 2004
V1nc3nt wrote in
news:d38aa$41c81302$3e3be867$:

Kingdom wrote:
SpaceGirl wrote in

Fungusamungus wrote:

?

Where’s yours?

Youth is wasted on the young!
S
SpaceGirl
Dec 21, 2004
Kingdom wrote:
V1nc3nt wrote in

Kingdom wrote:

SpaceGirl wrote in

Fungusamungus wrote:

?

Where’s yours?

This could be a very long night 🙂

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

V
V1nc3nt
Dec 21, 2004
Kingdom wrote:
V1nc3nt wrote in

Kingdom wrote:

SpaceGirl wrote in

Fungusamungus wrote:

?

Where’s yours?

Ok I’ll take an effort:

I Dunno.
(Correct me if I’m wrong)

Now it’s your turn….You dunno either, do you?
F
Fungusamungus
Dec 21, 2004
"SpaceGirl" wrote in message > Used by
designers who dont know any better.

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Spacers were in use long before stylesheets came into being. Not every web designer is up on every little trick, and sometimes simpler is still the best (it’s hard for a web browser of any design to mistranslate a spacer image, but stylesheets? Not everybody has 100% compatibility with them. And to get back to the original question: Obviously Imageready is still using them.
J
jaSPAMc
Dec 21, 2004
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:15:24 +0100, V1nc3nt found
these unused words floating about:

Kingdom wrote:
V1nc3nt wrote in

Kingdom wrote:

SpaceGirl wrote in

Fungusamungus wrote:

?

Where’s yours?

Ok I’ll take an effort:

I Dunno.
(Correct me if I’m wrong)

Now it’s your turn….You dunno either, do you?

While style sheets may be best for any similar items, quickly tweaking an inage or text for special positioning is easily done with a spacer image. It’s also less code than many ‘styled’ pages I look at!

Being a bit ancient (1994) on the net and decrepit (senior citizen), I’ll do my pages the easiest way possible that is acceptable by most browsers.
V
V1nc3nt
Dec 22, 2004

J. A. Mc. wrote:
While style sheets may be best for any similar items, quickly tweaking an inage or text for special positioning is easily done with a spacer image. It’s also less code than many ‘styled’ pages I look at!

Being a bit ancient (1994) on the net and decrepit (senior citizen), I’ll do my pages the easiest way possible that is acceptable by most browsers.

Now the ‘Kingdom’ is saved by the bell 🙂
AB
Alen Botica
Dec 22, 2004
ok
i am wondering because i am not interested in programming html i am blocked when i see a structure of any program … maybe learning just a bit html and doing everything mostly "visually" in webdesign is what i want to know… and of course countinue with my painting… but of course i’d like to work as a webdesigner as well specialze in adobe photoshop related programs and as subhuman suggested to make somthing original like a painting website or something… still i havent figured out should i leave spacer.gif or can i erase it without having consequences for any html document or animation within…
thanx i am so glad i made some people tickle their intelligence on this post (well not much but makes me happy:))
"Fungusamungus" wrote in message
"SpaceGirl" wrote in message > Used by
designers who dont know any better.

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Spacers were in use long before stylesheets came into being. Not every web designer is up on every little trick, and sometimes simpler is still the best (it’s hard for a web browser of any design to mistranslate a spacer image, but stylesheets? Not everybody has 100% compatibility with them. And
to get back to the original question: Obviously Imageready is still using them.

F
Fungusamungus
Dec 23, 2004
ok
i am wondering because i am not interested in programming html i am
blocked
when i see a structure of any program … maybe learning just a bit html
and
doing everything mostly "visually" in webdesign is what i want to know… and of course countinue with my painting… but of course i’d like to work as a webdesigner as well specialze in adobe photoshop related programs and as subhuman suggested to make somthing original like a painting website or something… still i havent figured out should i leave spacer.gif or can
i
erase it without having consequences for any html document or animation within…
thanx i am so glad i made some people tickle their intelligence on this

We’re starting to verge on OT here, but I’ll answer ya:

Because it’s coded into the page, I would not delete spacer.gif. Even if you do, browsers will show the ‘broken/missing image’ link with the border. It will make your page ugly. It’s generally an image that’s less than 1kb in size, so it’s really not a big deal to leave it in.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections