J
Posted By
Jon
Dec 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Umax 1200S SCSI scanner. Today I get this error msg. when trying to import/scan:
"Could not open TWAIN source. Make sure there is a valid source for your scanner in the TWAIN directory found in the Windows directory" I reinstalled the Umax drivers, still same thing. What’s going on? Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Rick
Dec 17, 2004
"Jon" wrote in message
Using Umax 1200S SCSI scanner. Today I get this error msg. when trying to import/scan:
"Could not open TWAIN source. Make sure there is a valid source for your scanner in the TWAIN directory found in the Windows directory" I reinstalled the Umax drivers, still same thing. What’s going on? Thanks.

Try reinstalling PS. Also check to see that the Still Image Service is installed and started (right-click My Computer, go to Manage/ Services/etc).
H
harrylimey
Dec 17, 2004
Have you tried exporting from your scanner via the scanning software? as opposed to importing from Photoshop.
And can you import into any other programmes?

"Jon" wrote in message
B
Broga
Dec 17, 2004
I get this all the time because I always forget to turn my scanner on before scanning.
I assume however you’ve got more common sense than I have so look for loose cables.
Have you installed another SCSI device recently- is it properly terminated

www.micromountain.com
"Jon" wrote in message
J
Jon
Dec 18, 2004
Harry Limey wrote:

Have you tried exporting from your scanner via the scanning software? as opposed to importing from Photoshop.
And can you import into any other programmes?

I have never "exported" didn’t know about that actually. I can import in Paint Shop.
H
harrylimey
Dec 18, 2004
Jon

Have you checked the directory mentioned ?
" Make sure there is a valid source for your scanner in the TWAIN directory found in the Windows directory"
I just checked mine and found a .ds file for my HP scanner and for the WIA interface, so you should have a similar file referring to your scanner! If it isn’t there I don’t know how you get it there or where it comes from, possibly from the Umax website?

Harry
J
Jon
Dec 20, 2004
Mike wrote:

Try reinstalling PS. Also check to see that the Still Image Service is installed and started (right-click My Computer, go to Manage/ Services/etc).

Thanks, uninstall/reinstall cured it. No idea what happened to cause it to just not work one day out of the blue like that that though!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections