Posted By
beth6230
Nov 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have been having trouble with my tablet driver ‘stopping’ after my PC goes to sleep and wakes up again. Sometime after one sleep cycle, sometimes after a couple…(symptom, the pen works like a mouse, not a pen)

I found that rebooting my PC every time to get the driver to load was a BIG pain, since normally bridge, photoshop and illustrator would have to be shut down..and then restarted after the reboot.

Last night I think I found an easier solution. Instead of rebooting, I went into services and stopped the wacom tablet service. I then ctrl-alt-deleted and ended the wacom tablet exe process. I then went back and restarted the service – and woohoo – the pen was working like a pen again, minus the re-boot.

I wanted to share this, as I imaging there are others with this same frustration.

-Beth Carey

Powered by Creative Market

AM
Andrew Morton
Nov 30, 2007
If it works without killing Tablet.exe then you could create a text file with the content

net stop tabletservice
net start tabletservice

and save it with a name of tablet.bat (make sure it does end in .bat and not ..bat.txt). Place it (or a shortcut to it) on your desktop – more convenient than having to go through the services control panel.

This is assuming you’ve installed the latest Wacom driver…

Andrew
R
ronviers
Nov 30, 2007
On Nov 30, 9:51 am, wrote:
Hi,

I have been having trouble with my tablet driver ‘stopping’ after my PC goes to sleep and wakes up again. Sometime after one sleep cycle, sometimes after a couple…(symptom, the pen works like a mouse, not a pen)

I found that rebooting my PC every time to get the driver to load was a BIG pain, since normally bridge, photoshop and illustrator would have to be shut down..and then restarted after the reboot.
Last night I think I found an easier solution. Instead of rebooting, I went into services and stopped the wacom tablet service. I then ctrl-alt-deleted and ended the wacom tablet exe process. I then went back and restarted the service – and woohoo – the pen was working like a pen again, minus the re-boot.

I wanted to share this, as I imaging there are others with this same frustration.

-Beth Carey

Hi Beth,
It could also be a power management or suspend setting. Often those settings will correspond to the screen saver settings.
You could email Wacom but they will wait a week then tell you to call – they like to make a huge deal out of everything. It’s nice that you found a band-aid but you really should nail it down when you get a chance.

Good luck,
Ron
P
pico
Dec 1, 2007
wrote in message

If that works reliably, then it would be something worth scripting so that it’s a one-click thing.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections