S
Posted By
smoocherz1
Nov 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am looking for either a plugin or a way to make a circular selection in a photoshop image and turn it into a shiny circular object that looks like a chrome ball with the selection inside it. Can anyone tell me a quick way to do this or perhaps an action that will accomplish this.

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TC
tony cooper
Nov 28, 2007
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 06:20:26 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I am looking for either a plugin or a way to make a circular selection in a photoshop image and turn it into a shiny circular object that looks like a chrome ball with the selection inside it. Can anyone tell me a quick way to do this or perhaps an action that will accomplish this.

photo_sphere.atn does something like this, but I don’t know where to find it. Someone listed it here some time ago, but I don’t recall who.

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
P
pico
Nov 28, 2007
wrote in message

Select a round area (Elliptical Marque – hold Shift while selecting) Copy to new layer
Filter – Distort – Spherize (slider all the way to the left) Copy that to new layer
Then mess with Filter Gallery – Chrome then transparency of the layer
R
ronviers
Nov 28, 2007
On Nov 28, 8:20 am, wrote:

Thanks.

Hi,
I doubt that either of these are what you are looking for but maybe they will give you some ideas.

http://www.photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/orbs/orbs.htm

http://www.lunacore.com/photoshop/tutorials/tut009.htm

It is difficult to make a 2d image look pleasant using real physics, although PS can definitely do it, because that is not how reality works. In reality the reflections in a mirror ball is an inverted mirror ball – not a photo. But if you really want to do it in a mathematically correct way then go to filterforge.com and search for sphere – uberzev and byRo have interesting solutions.

Good luck with your project,
Ron
K
KatWoman
Nov 30, 2007
wrote in message
On Nov 28, 8:20 am, wrote:

Thanks.

Hi,
I doubt that either of these are what you are looking for but maybe they will give you some ideas.

http://www.photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/orbs/orbs.htm

http://www.lunacore.com/photoshop/tutorials/tut009.htm

It is difficult to make a 2d image look pleasant using real physics, although PS can definitely do it, because that is not how reality works. In reality the reflections in a mirror ball is an inverted mirror ball – not a photo. But if you really want to do it in a mathematically correct way then go to filterforge.com and search for sphere – uberzev and byRo have interesting solutions.

Good luck with your project,
Ron

adobe photo exchange
download the action
photo_sphere 300 dpi

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections