Posted By
als_trash
Aug 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Folks,

I have photoshop 8, and I need to measure the length of some features in some pics I have. Some of these features are a little contorted, and so measuring with the measuring tool (I) is a real pain. I need something I can put multiple vertices in, and then get its length. It would be perfect if there were any way to get a length measurement for a path created by the pen tool, for example. I haven’t found a way to do that though. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Allie

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
pico
Aug 15, 2007
"Allie" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

I have photoshop 8, and I need to measure the length of some features in some pics I have. Some of these features are a little contorted, and so measuring with the measuring tool (I) is a real pain. I need something I can put multiple vertices in, and then get its length. It would be perfect if there were any way to get a length measurement for a path created by the pen tool, for example. I haven’t found a way to do that though. Any ideas?

You can with CS3. Which version of PS do you have?
AT
als_trash
Aug 15, 2007
On Aug 15, 3:00 pm, "pico" wrote:
"Allie" wrote in message

Hi Folks,

I have CS i think (photoshop 8). So, I suppose I have to upgrade, unless there’s a way to do it somehow in CS. thanks for your help.

allie
AT
als_trash
Aug 17, 2007
On Aug 15, 3:42 pm, Allie wrote:
On Aug 15, 3:00 pm, "pico" wrote:

"Allie" wrote in message

Hi Folks,

I have CS i think (photoshop 8). So, I suppose I have to upgrade, unless there’s a way to do it somehow in CS. thanks for your help.
allie

Ok – here I am again. I’ve gotten CS3, but still can’t figure out how to get the length of a path created by the pen tool. Any help is very welcome! Thanks in advance.

allie
P
pico
Aug 17, 2007
"Allie" wrote in message

Ok – here I am again. I’ve gotten CS3, but still can’t figure out how to get the length of a path created by the pen tool. Any help is very welcome! Thanks in advance.

I might have mislead you. It is available in CS3 Photoshop EXTENDED. It is under the Analysis button (top of menu bar).

If you don’t have Analysis, then another approach is necessary. Try Help – Measure
There are good short videos demonstrating some analysis features. Very cool stuff.
AT
als_trash
Aug 26, 2007
On Aug 17, 2:45 pm, "pico" wrote:
"Allie" wrote in message

I might have mislead you. It is available in CS3 Photoshop EXTENDED. It is under the Analysis button (top of menu bar).

If you don’t have Analysis, then another approach is necessary. Try Help – Measure
There are good short videos demonstrating some analysis features. Very cool stuff.

I actually have CS3 Extended. However, as I’ve done some research, it seems that one cannot measure with the pen tool. You can do multiple measurements with the Measure tool, or other types of measurements with selected areas. In order to do measurements with the pen tool, or other paths, one should get the Andromeda Measurement Plug-In, which runs about $100 or so. You don’t need CS3 for the Andromeda plug-in, either.

thanks,
alex

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections