H
Posted By
Husky
Nov 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been using fixed aspect ratio as an action to create perfect circle head shots for years. using 1 to 1.

The only oddity I can attribute to the current problem is it’s loading up the images bmp and jpg with the pixel aspect ratio setting turned on [squashing the image]. I’ve left the warning window turned on because I haven’t found anyway to turn it off completely. It’s the most annoying addition I’ve ever seen.

The problem is the action creates 100×100 pixel headshots. I can’t get the current image 320×240 to select a fixed aspect ratio section from this image. Even holding down shift with the oval gives me an oval vs a 1 to 1 circle.

What’s gone wrong here ?
Oh yeah I tried running the action with the pixel aspect ratio turned on. Circle came out fine. Image it made wasn’t a circle when saved.

It’s been running fine for years. Today it quits. What’s up ? Here’s the action steps to duplicate it.

select fixed aspect ratio on oval 1 height to 1 width.
select area on image to create headshot.
move guides to outer edges.
crop to edges
reselect headshot area
reverse selection
Fill color.

and save if happy with cut.

more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

H
Husky
Nov 24, 2004
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:49:10 -0500, Husky wrote:

addendum, by modifying the width on fixed aspect to .8 and the height at 1, it now has the 1 to 1 ratio I’ve been using for years.

Well not exactly. the result is 102 pixels by 100 pixels. It’s always been 100×100 pixels.
I imagine if I can enter .899998 it’ll do the 1 to 1 ratio again. I did a restart ALT-CTRL-SHIFT figuring something in the settings had gone bad. Changed nothing.

I tried this on another old image, one created on someone else’s machine and the 1 to 1 worked just fine, and loading the image didn’t give the pixel aspect ratio warning.

What am I doing with Studio 8 creating an MPEG1 file to extract caps from in videowave 2 ?
Also been using this system for awhile. And nothing happened.

more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections