L
Posted By
lucdigital
Jul 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have imported about 14 seconds of video (avi file from Premiere Elements) into PS so that I can retouch the individual frames. Having done that, I want to convert the frames back to .avi so that I can put the clip back into my Elements project.

I have read through the instructions in the Help file and on the Adobe site, but despite following them, everytime I render the file, I wind up with 14 seconds of a single image! Have tried QT, .avi, .flv – always the same result! Please, can anyone tell me where I’m going wrong?!

Your help will be much appreciated!

-Lucrezia

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

K
KatWoman
Jul 31, 2007
"lucdigital" wrote in message
I have imported about 14 seconds of video (avi file from Premiere Elements) into PS so that I can retouch the individual frames. Having done that, I want to convert the frames back to .avi so that I can put the clip back into my Elements project.

I have read through the instructions in the Help file and on the Adobe site, but despite following them, everytime I render the file, I wind up with 14 seconds of a single image! Have tried QT, .avi, .flv – always the same result! Please, can anyone tell me where I’m going wrong?!

-Lucrezia

what version of PS??
in CS you need to be in IMAGE READY not PS and use the animation frames use the eyeball to turn layers on and off for each frame in sequence then say how long each frame should play then save as or export as

I hear image ready function is included in PS in newer versions
F
Fred
Jul 31, 2007
http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html

Maybe you can find the solution there.

I’m sure you are forgetting something, but it’s hard to tell what. My first guess is you have to select the timeline instead of the frames on the animation palette.
(right-bottom corner of the anim palette)
Make sure the document settings (flyout-anim palette) are set right too.

F
J
jjs
Aug 1, 2007
KatWoman wrote:
"lucdigital" wrote in message
I have imported about 14 seconds of video (avi file from Premiere Elements) into PS so that I can retouch the individual frames.

Open the Animation window. Any help?
R
Rob
Aug 1, 2007
lucdigital wrote:

-Lucrezia

Have a look in the help menu under animation

In the Animation palette (in frame animation mode), select one or more frames.
Do any of the following:
To edit the content of objects in animation frames, use the Layers palette to modify the layers in the image that affect that frame.

To change the position of an object in an animation frame, select the layer containing the object in the Layers palette and drag it to a new position.

Note: In the Animation palette, you can select and change the position of multiple frames. However, if you drag multiple discontiguous frames, the frames are placed contiguously in the new position.
To reverse the order of animation frames, choose Reverse Frames from the Animation palette menu.

Note: The frames you want to reverse do not have to be contiguous; you can reverse any selected frames.
To delete selected frames, select Delete Frame from the Animation palette menu or click the Delete icon , then click Yes to confirm the deletion. You can also drag the selected frame onto the Delete icon.
F
Fred
Aug 1, 2007

look in the menu under Windows. You might check the Help menu also!

F
L
lucdigital
Aug 20, 2007
A belated reply to all here – have been away. I’m using CS3. The problem seems to be that I’d selected File > Import > Video frames to layers, instead of simply *opening* (File > Open) the .avi file. Before coming to this group, I’d read through the online PS Help files, and found them incomplete and confusing. Still do, but I figured it out on my own by trial and error.

Thanks for the responses.

-Lucrezia

Fred wrote:

look in the menu under Windows. You might check the Help menu also!
F

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections