JC
Posted By
John Costello
Nov 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If it’s possible, can someone tell me how I can move a custom brush I created in PS 7 over to PS CS?

Thanks,
John

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
noone
Nov 5, 2004
In article ,
says…
If it’s possible, can someone tell me how I can move a custom brush I created in PS 7 over to PS CS?

Thanks,
John

John, I assume that you have tried just copying the *.BRS file to Brushes folder, and that that didn’t work. I had a bunch of PS5 custom brushes that would not work in either 6, or 7, and have not attempted to use them in CS, but assume that they would just not show in the Brushes Palette>Load Brushes (or whatever the process is called). There seems to be some incompatibility between later vers of PS and brushes from preceeding vers.

Hunt
C
Corey
Nov 5, 2004
Go to "Load Brushes" and navigate to your PS 7 brush folder and select them. Copying them first into your PSCS brush folder should work, too. I don’t think that there’s a backwards compatibility issue between these two versions.

However, I may be mistaken.

Peadge 🙂

"John Costello" wrote in message

Thanks,
John

JC
John Costello
Nov 5, 2004
Thank you Hunt and Peadge. I used a combination of your two replies.

I could not find any files (even after a search) with extensions .BRS The files have the extension .abr

What I did was open PS7;
then "save brushes" to a new file name;
then copied that file to PSCS; (Hunt suggestion)
then opened PSCS and did the suggested "load brushes". (Peadge suggestion) It worked.

Thanks again
John

"Peadge" wrote in message
Go to "Load Brushes" and navigate to your PS 7 brush folder and select
them.
Copying them first into your PSCS brush folder should work, too. I don’t think that there’s a backwards compatibility issue between these two versions.

However, I may be mistaken.

Peadge 🙂

"John Costello" wrote in message

Thanks,
John

E
edjh
Nov 5, 2004
John Costello wrote:

Thanks,
John
EZ way: copy the appropriate .abr files from the Brushes folder in 7 to the Brushes folder in CS (it’s in Presets). Next time you open CS those brushes will appear in the dropdown menu in the Brushes palette an you can load by choosing that set.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections