Posted By
bogus
Oct 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have loads of bitmaps I want to convert to jpegs. I’m opening each one in Adobe Elements and then saving as a jpeg. Very tedious and time consuming. Is there a utility that does this? Preferable one that has a right click drop down menu that says: convert to jpeg, or something like that.

Thanks,

Alby

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Charley
Oct 26, 2004
Irfanview is a freeware photo viewing program that’s available on the internet. It has the ability to convert whole directories of photos from one format to another. Do a Google search for Irfanview and download it. I’m sure that after you convert your files that you will find many other great uses for it.

Charley

"!Allen Lasting" wrote in message
Hi,

I have loads of bitmaps I want to convert to jpegs. I’m opening each one
in
Adobe Elements and then saving as a jpeg. Very tedious and time
consuming.
Is there a utility that does this? Preferable one that has a right click drop down menu that says: convert to jpeg, or something like that.
Thanks,

Alby

J
jaSPAMc
Oct 26, 2004
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:32:29 -0400, "!Allen Lasting" found these unused words floating about:

Hi,

I have loads of bitmaps I want to convert to jpegs. I’m opening each one in Adobe Elements and then saving as a jpeg. Very tedious and time consuming. Is there a utility that does this? Preferable one that has a right click drop down menu that says: convert to jpeg, or something like that.
Thanks,

Alby
bmp2jpg.com DOS utility, do a google …!
J
jrzyguy
Oct 26, 2004
dont know about elements…but with photoshop….you can just make an action and then automate/batch it on a whole folder.

"J. A. Mc." wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:32:29 -0400, "!Allen Lasting" found these unused words floating about:

Hi,

I have loads of bitmaps I want to convert to jpegs. I’m opening each one
in
Adobe Elements and then saving as a jpeg. Very tedious and time
consuming.
Is there a utility that does this? Preferable one that has a right
click
drop down menu that says: convert to jpeg, or something like that.
Thanks,

Alby
bmp2jpg.com DOS utility, do a google …!
P
PiT
Oct 26, 2004
try irfanview

PiT
……

"!Allen Lasting" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi,

I have loads of bitmaps I want to convert to jpegs. I’m opening each one in
Adobe Elements and then saving as a jpeg. Very tedious and time consuming.
Is there a utility that does this? Preferable one that has a right click drop down menu that says: convert to jpeg, or something like that.
Thanks,

Alby

RW
Roger Whitehead
Oct 27, 2004
In article , Jrzyguy wrote:
dont know about elements…but with photoshop….you can just make an action and then automate/batch it on a whole folder.

Automation is one of the things Adobe has left out of Elements. It will, though, do batch conversion as standard.

Roger

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections