EL
Posted By
elizabeth_lofton
Apr 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When trying to change a picture from a JPEG in RGB mode to a TIFF in CMYK mode, the SAVE and SAVE AS options are grayed out and won’t allow me to select them to save the changes. I know it can be done, I’m just having trouble figuring it out.

I have a tryout version of PhotoShop 6. Before I get a full version I was hoping to get this problem resolved. I’m hoping to use this software to edit photos for a magazine layout done on a commercial printing press which requires CMYK tiffs.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
Don_McCahill
Apr 7, 2004
Go Image/mode and then change to CMYK. Now you can save as Tiff (I think).
L
LenHewitt
Apr 7, 2004
Elizabeth,

I have a tryout version of PhotoShop 6<<

Tryout versions of Photoshop used to be Save and Print disabled – later ones are time limited to 30 days. I can’t remember which PS6 was, but I would recommend using the latest tryout version Photoshop CS. There is a link to the download from the forum intro at the top of this forum’s Topic List
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 7, 2004
can’t remember which PS6 was,

7 was the first to introduce the full use time trial. 6 was unlimited time, but no save or print (or copy to clipboard, i believe).
EL
elizabeth_lofton
Apr 7, 2004
Thank you. I’m working on downloading CS. It’s taking FOREVER! I really appreciate your help. It’s nice to know it wasn’t just me being retarded. 🙂
L
LenHewitt
Apr 8, 2004
Thanks for the refresher, Dave 😉

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections