GB
Posted By
Gary_Blanchette
Apr 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was curious as to whether or not older versions of the AutoFX Dream Suite will work with PS CS? I ran it with PS 6 for a long time and now that I am ready to install the CS version, I don’t want to have to deal with any conflicts.

Thanks,
Gary

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 6, 2004
only one way to find out gary… let us know. 🙂
GB
Gary_Blanchette
Apr 7, 2004
I knew the first message was going to say that Dave. 🙂
WD
Walter Donavan
Apr 7, 2004
Workaround: I keep a copy of Photoshop 6 installed so I can run older plug-ins. It’s on the Windows ME partition of my dual boot (Win 2K) system.

Walter Donavan
www.revelation7stages.com
www.1stbooks.com/bookview/15479
(If you buy the book, buy it at 1stbooks.
It’s much cheaper than Amazon or B&N.)
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 7, 2004
well, did it work? i have all the alien skin plugins and 3, 5 and 6 of KPT and they all came over to cs fine.
BL
Bill_Lamp
Apr 8, 2004
FX Mystical tint & color transfered without a hitch here and works on 16 bit images in CS as fast as it did on 8 bit images in V. 7

Bill
T
Terrat
Apr 8, 2004
Dave,
I read somewhere that the .exe file is spelled differently between PS 6 and CS. One is "photoshop.exe" and another is "photoshp.exe".

So in order to reload an old filter, it first has to recognize the load location to work. In other words, you had to, rename the exe file to the old PS version’s exe name.

In order to then re-open the new version of Photoshop after successfully loading the old filter; You then had to re-name the exe file back to it’s original name.

Sorry, it is so convoluted, but did you have to go through all this?
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 8, 2004
terrat, you’re correct, but I think only photbars required that (thinking back to daryl’s instructions). i know i didn’t have to use that method for my older filters (kpt 3&5&6 & AS’s eye candy 4000)
T
Terrat
Apr 9, 2004
Do you have a lihk to what was said, Dave…to Daryl’s instructions?
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 9, 2004
no, and it’s probably not worth the time to dig out. it was that the plugin didn’t recognize photoshop.exe and was expecting photoshp.exe. renaming it fixed the problem. i don’t recall him saying anything about switching back and forth though. and I believe he said it was fixed in an update.

if you search for photobars daryl and photoshp.exe you MIGHT come up with something… keep in mind this was discussed back when 7 was newly released.
T
Terrat
Apr 11, 2004
Dave,
Don’t dally here daily, so lose my place in line and the line itself sometimes. Thank you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections