KV
Posted By
Kathy_Vance
Apr 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just recently I started getting this error message whenever I open PhotoShop(7.0). Even though it does open, it’s annoying and I’m hoping there’s a way to stop it.

"This application has failed to start because SPROF32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may solve this problem."

I tried reinstalling but it didn’t work. I don’t know if it has anything to do with this, but right before I started getting this message I was deleting files in my history and cookies folders. Maybe I deleted something???

Thanks, Kathy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
Apr 3, 2004
This error is caused by a problem with the KPCMS files. To eliminate the message search your HDD for the following files: KPCP32.dll, KPAPI32.dll, KPSYS32.dll, PDCLIB32.dll and SPRO32.DLL. Wherever you find them on your HDD (in or outside of the Windows folder) rename them to change the extension from .dll to .old. Then re-install Photoshop.
KV
Kathy_Vance
Apr 4, 2004
Hi Len,
Thanks for replying but I don’t seem to have any of those files on my hard drive. Am I supposed to? PhotoShop is working okay except for getting that message when I open it.
Any other ideas?
Thanks, Kathy

<< KPCP32.dll, KPAPI32.dll, KPSYS32.dll, PDCLIB32.dll and SPRO32.DLL>>
L
LenHewitt
Apr 4, 2004
Kathy,

You have a 3rd party plugin installed that requires those files (or at least SPRO32.DLL). Photoshop 7 doesn’t, and they don’t ship with Photoshop.

You’ll need to work out which plugin you’ve installed.
KV
Kathy_Vance
Apr 4, 2004
Thank you, Len! That sounds right because I had just recently set PS to look in an additional plug-ins directory, which is a folder with a ton of plug-ins. I’ll just uncheck it and forget about plug-ins.
Thanks for your help!
Kathy
L
LenHewitt
Apr 4, 2004
You’re welcome, Kathy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections