Posted By
ronviers
Mar 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
Let’s say I’m working on a picture of a bridge or a face or whatever, is there a way to pull a map of the shadows onto another layer, for example the shadows under the lip, nose or handrail. I want to be able to save the distribution of values contained in the shadows but not the tiny value distributions contained in things like concrete or cloth. Is there a way to separate value gradients according to relative scale?

Thanks,
Ron

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jenelisepasceci
Mar 8, 2007
"" wrote:

Hi,
Let’s say I’m working on a picture of a bridge or a face or whatever, is there a way to pull a map of the shadows onto another layer, for example the shadows under the lip, nose or handrail. I want to be able to save the distribution of values contained in the shadows but not the tiny value distributions contained in things like concrete or cloth. Is there a way to separate value gradients according to relative scale?

Hi Ron,

Did you try the surface blur filter?

Peter
R
ronviers
Mar 8, 2007
On Mar 8, 12:03 pm, (Peter Wollenberg) wrote:
"" wrote:
Hi,

Hi Ron,

Did you try the surface blur filter?

Peter

Hi Peter,
I never even noticed the surface blur filter much less wondered what it was for. I tried it and it looks like it will work. I have been trying to blur a gray layer that I blend-if’ed with the image but not getting very far. This looks much better and simpler.

Thanks,
Ron

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections