VN
Posted By
Vector Newman
Oct 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I currently use an NEC MultiSync FP 1375x 22" monitor. It’s been great and the colors are wonderful but, being over 40 and sitting in front of it for upwards of 14 hours at a time is wearing on my eyes. Despite the 85hz refresh rate.

I have a 23" Cinema Display on my G5 Mac but, this monitor has "grain" that makes it annoying to do close up work with PS on it. I just can’t use it for graphics work other than video editing.

Are there any LCD displays that are up to snuff for working with images on PS? I want absolute clarity and detail. I have been impressed with the brightness and color on some of the LCD displays I see in local stores but, they offer no high end displays I can see for myself. I’d like a 21" viewable area. I’d also like a wide screen aspect ratio but, prices for those approach $2000.

I’d appreciate any feedback/suggestions from anyone who uses PS regularly with an LCD display. I mean PRO designers who know what I am talking about with regards to detail.

What 21" LCD display fits my needs?

Thanks!

Vector Newman

**It may be great to be king, but you’re never safe on the throne. Just ask Elvis.

—-== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com – Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==—- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups —= East/West-Coast Server Farms – Total Privacy via Encryption =—

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

VN
Vector Newman
Oct 15, 2004
Better yet, this thought occurred to me:

Wouldn’t it be great to have monitors "Adobe Approved"? Monitors ( LCD and CRT ) that have been tested and deemed perfect for close up image work on Photoshop? Just look for the little stamp of approval would make things a lot easier.

Hey Adobe, look in this OK? 😉

"Vector Newman" <realmenuselinuxlikeme.org> wrote in message
I currently use an NEC MultiSync FP 1375x 22" monitor. It’s been great and the colors are wonderful but, being over 40 and sitting in front of it for upwards of 14 hours at a time is wearing on my eyes. Despite the 85hz refresh rate.

I have a 23" Cinema Display on my G5 Mac but, this monitor has "grain" that makes it annoying to do close up work with PS on it. I just can’t use it for graphics work other than video editing.

Are there any LCD displays that are up to snuff for working with images on PS? I want absolute clarity and detail. I have been impressed with the brightness and color on some of the LCD displays I see in local stores but, they offer no high end displays I can see for myself. I’d like a 21" viewable area. I’d also like a wide screen aspect ratio but, prices for those approach $2000.

I’d appreciate any feedback/suggestions from anyone who uses PS regularly with an LCD display. I mean PRO designers who know what I am talking about with regards to detail.

Thanks!

Vector Newman

**It may be great to be king, but you’re never safe on the throne. Just ask Elvis.

—-== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com – Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==—-
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
—= East/West-Coast Server Farms – Total Privacy via Encryption =—

—-== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com – Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==—- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups —= East/West-Coast Server Farms – Total Privacy via Encryption =—
S
Stephan
Oct 15, 2004
Vector Newman wrote:

Wouldn’t it be great to have monitors "Adobe Approved"? Monitors ( LCD and CRT ) that have been tested and deemed perfect for close up image work on Photoshop? Just look for the little stamp of approval would make things a lot easier.

It would have to be a combination of monitor + video card I guess. Makes it complicated
H
Hecate
Oct 16, 2004
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:39:44 -0400, "Vector Newman" <realmenuselinuxlikeme.org> wrote:

Thanks!

Eizo, if you’re prepared to pay the money. 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
C
CND
Oct 16, 2004
and charge us double please.

I currently use an NEC MultiSync FP 1375x 22" monitor. It’s been great
and
the colors are wonderful but, being over 40 and sitting in front of it
for
upwards of 14 hours at a time is wearing on my eyes. Despite the 85hz refresh rate.

I have a 23" Cinema Display on my G5 Mac but, this monitor has "grain" that makes it annoying to do close up work with PS on it. I just can’t
use
it for graphics work other than video editing.

Are there any LCD displays that are up to snuff for working with images
on
PS? I want absolute clarity and detail. I have been impressed with the brightness and color on some of the LCD displays I see in local stores but, they offer no high end displays I can see for myself. I’d like a
21"
viewable area. I’d also like a wide screen aspect ratio but, prices for those approach $2000.

I’d appreciate any feedback/suggestions from anyone who uses PS
regularly
with an LCD display. I mean PRO designers who know what I am talking
about
with regards to detail.

Thanks!

Vector Newman

—-== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com – Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==—-
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

—-== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com – Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet
News==—-
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
Newsgroups
DM
Daniel Masse
Oct 16, 2004
Hecate wrote:

Not all Eizo are expensive : I got a FlexScan L568, not a top-of-the-line, but it still has a contrast ratio of 1000:1, and a viewing angle of 170°. Fantastic !

This one is a 17" : instead of getting a larger screen, I installed a dual video card, and kept my older 17" LCD. The screen surface is tremendous, and the comfort is great !
N
nospam
Oct 16, 2004
I’m not an expert, but I use two NEC MultiSync LCD 2010x monitors side by side for both programming and web work (Adobe Photoshop and the Macromedia suite) and they seem to work great. Very easy on the eyes, great contrast, and extremely sharp. My guess is that they might not be suitable for gaming or video, but for this kind of work, they’re hard to beat. I’m 63 with old eyes. Resolution for the pair is 2560×1024. You can pick these up used on ebay for under $500 each in good condition.

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:39:44 -0400, "Vector Newman" <realmenuselinuxlikeme.org> wrote (with possible editing):

Thanks!

H
Hecate
Oct 17, 2004
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 08:16:43 +0200, "Daniel Masse" wrote:

Hecate wrote:

Not all Eizo are expensive : I got a FlexScan L568, not a top-of-the-line, but it still has a contrast ratio of 1000:1, and a viewing angle of 170°. Fantastic !

This one is a 17" : instead of getting a larger screen, I installed a dual video card, and kept my older 17" LCD. The screen surface is tremendous, and the comfort is great !

Yes, Eizo are brilliant. I got a 15" one for my aged parents because their sight isn’t that good, and they love it – crystal clear 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections