AN
Posted By
ashurst.net
Apr 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every time I open PhotoShop 7 on my Windows XP machine, the montior clicks, goes blank, clicks, and the Display Properties’ Color Quality is changed to Low (8-Bit).

My original Display Properites are:

On Settings Tab:
Monitor: HP Pavilion M70
Display: (Multiple Monitors) on ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D RAGE PRO AGP 2X Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768
Color Quality: Highest (32-bit)

Advanced Button
On General Tab:
DPI Setting: 96 DPI

On Color Tab:
No Default Monitor Profile

When PhotoShop 7 starts, it takes twice as long to load also.

Am I missing something? This just started a few weeks ago.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
Apr 3, 2004
Have you tried running Adobe Gamma and creating a new monitor profile?
AN
ashurst.net
Apr 3, 2004
How do I run Adobe Gamma?

Thanks!
L
LenHewitt
Apr 3, 2004
Ashhurst,

I just ran Adobe Gamma, created a new profile<<

What did you select for your starting profile? Select sRGB as the starting point, change the text in the description filed, follow the on-screen directions and don’t forget to save to a NEW filename (or you will over-write your sRGB profile)
AN
ashurst.net
Apr 4, 2004
That’s what I did – I saved as a new profile…

I started with sRGB…

Any more ideas? I am really stuck on this one…

Thanks!
Dan
IL
Ian_Lyons
Apr 4, 2004
Why have you chosen multiple monitors? Do you have more than one?

I think that your problem lies in how you monitor properties dialog has been configured.
AN
ashurst.net
Apr 4, 2004
The Multiple Monitors – I guess it has to do with the Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > Monitor — it has 2 values: Generic Television and Default Monitor.

Is there only supposed to be 1?
SA
Shawn_A_Reed
Apr 6, 2004
I am having the same problem, but with Acrobat 5. I too am using Windows XP. When I run the Acrobat it goes black and switches to low color quality and when you close out Acrobat it reverts back to high. I also am able to manually switch it back to high with the program running.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 6, 2004
I’m stumped here, except that I "feel" video driver bug for this problem. Get a new driver, or roll back to the previous version and see if the problem persists (I don’t think it’d be hardware acceleration checkable).
SA
Shawn_A_Reed
Apr 7, 2004
There’s actually a few threads that have been started on this in these forums.

Shawn A Reed "Display distortion upon lauching Acrobat" 4/6/04 2:03pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/8>

I also found out that it has to do with a setting in the individuals profile. I logged the user out that I was helping and logged in myself, therefore using my local profile, and was able to open Acrobat just fine. Just need to find out the setting that needs to be changed in Acrobat within the profile.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections