I need to make an animated gif that does this…ideas?

DF
Posted By
Dean_Fritzel
Apr 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The gif I need to make is this…

A stationary cylinder with a "halo" of numbers rotating around the cylinder just off the surface. (of the cylinder)

I am not sure if the Photoshop/Illustrator one-two punch is the best way to go. Maybe it is. Either way, I am not sure how to tackle this project.

Thanks for any ideas that you may have,

Dean

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GD
glen_deman
Apr 2, 2004
Methinks you might look into doing this animation in Flash. You could really sell the rotation by doing a little scaling as the numbers get to their "closest" point in the arc (path). Hopefully others have some advice.
J
JasonSmith
Apr 2, 2004
You would be far better off doing this in even the simplist of 3D programs.
DF
Dean_Fritzel
Apr 2, 2004
Any recommendations for "simple" 3d programs? (As I have no experience in any of them) I can probably get to a workstation somewhere that has Flash on it, but don’t know how easy it is to use.

Dean
J
JasonSmith
Apr 2, 2004
Byrce or Strata 3D.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections