E
Posted By
exingo
Apr 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am working through an old tutorial from an old version of Classroom in a Book. In the tutorial I am "Placing" a .AI logo on an image of a box.

I "Place" the image on the box, resize it, and rasterize the image. I then cut the top half of the logo and make a new layer out of it from new layer via cut command.

I then use the skew tool to distort the logo to match the perspective of the box, but the logo no longer appears to be connected . You can see a small gap between the top part and bottom part of the logo.

What am I missing?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RL
Robert_Levine
Apr 2, 2004
Why not just create the layers in Illustrator?

Bob
E
exingo
Apr 2, 2004
I guess I could, I just want to figure out how to do it.
RL
Robert_Levine
Apr 2, 2004
What for? Use the right tool for the job. In this case it’s Illustrator.

You’re trying to use a saw to drive nails. It’s much easier with a hammer.

Bob
E
exingo
Apr 2, 2004
I understand, though, this was the way Classroom in a Book showed how to do it.

Plus I bring the logo into PS as 1 unit and resize it and cut it in PS. So I guess I would just cut both halves in AI and place them in PS? Not sure what the best way to handle this.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections