Photoshop Actions – Extract A Layer Set – Downloaded ATN file, now what?

HM
Posted By
Hitokiri Muramasa
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Len!

I looked in the Actions Palette and could not find the action in there ( unless it’s named differently from ‘extract_a_layer_set.atn’ ), even though I had placed it in the correct ( I think ) directory ( C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Presets\Photoshop Actions ). I’m not quite sure what you mean by ‘Load’. Is there another procedure still required before I can actually use the action?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GD
glen_deman
Apr 1, 2004
Looks like the action was put in the right folder. Go to the actions palette; in the upper right corner there’s an arrow; click it, and look at the 5th section; there’s the load action menu. From there, just locate your action and it will be loaded into the actions palette.
DR
Danny_Raphael
Apr 1, 2004
Hitokiri:

If these actions don’t work for you (I was just looking at them and I wonder…), you might want to investigate a similar one available at <http://www.AtnCentral.com>.

This one allows you to assign a name to the file -and- save it, something it appears the other actions don’t include.

It’s architected for 20 layers, but could easily be modified (by copying blocks of steps) to accomodate the entire 200 layers. (To copy a block of action steps, click on the first step, then, while holding down the ctrl key, click on the last step. Then choose Duplicate from the Actions Palette menu.)

It’s nice to have choices! Let me know if you have any questions.

~Danny~
HM
Hitokiri_Muramasa
Apr 1, 2004
Hello!

Thanks Glen and Danny!!

I’ll give this a try! Wow, everyone in here is so helpful!!

You guys rock!

🙂
Hitokiri

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections