RT
Posted By
Richard_Treadway
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a new CS user (never used Photoshop before) and am starting to to some editing. I shoot everything in Raw, I have just completed editing a picture but want to save it as a JPEG. when I go to save as….. JPEG is not one of the options.
HELP
what am i doing wrong?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
Don_McCahill
Apr 1, 2004
Use save for web if you want to create a JPG (in most cases). In other cases, you will need to be in RGB 8 bit mode. (I can’t remember if you have to flatten layers … I don’t think so). [These setting are under Image>mode
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 1, 2004
could be a couple of things. jpg doesn’t support layers so if you have any, you need to flatten. if you use file> save for web, it does it all for you. i hope you’re not resaving your originals as jpg’s because it’s a lossy format. the image degrades with each save. always save a copy and keep your originals intact. (I always write protect my photos as soon as I transfer them to the computer so I don’t accidentally overwrite them!)
MR
Michael Riddle
Apr 2, 2004
In order to use the "Save As" command, to make a jpg, you have to change form 16 bits per channel to 8 bits per channel. An alternative that does not require this change is to use the "Save for Web" command.

Hope this helps,

Mike

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:03:31 -0800,
wrote:

I am a new CS user (never used Photoshop before) and am starting to to some editing. I shoot everything in Raw, I have just completed editing a picture but want to save it as a JPEG. when I go to save as….. JPEG is not one of the options.
HELP
what am i doing wrong?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections