GC
Posted By
Glen_Creswell
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to purchase a new high quality 21 or 22 inch CRT monitor for use with Photoshop CS on my PC. High quality display is important. Cost is unimportant.

If you know of a great monitor please let me know.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JD
James_Dodge
Apr 1, 2004
Sony, "Artisan Color Reference Monitor". GDM-C520K System.

James
PF
Peter_Figen
Apr 1, 2004
The two highest quality displays are the aforementioned Artisan and the Barco Reference V. The Sony is much less expensive – $1500-$1600 ordered online, while the Barco is around $4500. They both have their own highly accurate dedicated calibration hardware and software that comes with the monitors and the Barco has infinitely (well, not infinitely, but at least 20 times) more adjustments for things like focus, convergence, image distortion and much more, plus a shitty warranty to boot. I have both models and would have to say that the Barco has slighty better black rendition while the Sony has finer delineation in the highlights. I love that highlight rendition with the Sony and really miss all the controls of the Barco. So, there’s still not perfect solution.

To elaborate, the Barco allows you to calibrate, adjust focus and adjust convergence in both directions, in 25 discrete areas across the screen. It’s quite amazing really, but in the end, I would probably buy another Artisan before another Barco.
MR
Michael Riddle
Apr 2, 2004
LiCie is one of the best around. A caution about the Sony Artisan which (at least on a Mac) is an outstanding performer: many people have had serious problems with its calibration software when running on XP.

I hope this helps,

Mike

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:52:02 -0800,
wrote:

I need to purchase a new high quality 21 or 22 inch CRT monitor for use with Photoshop CS on my PC. High quality display is important. Cost is unimportant.

If you know of a great monitor please let me know.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections