Transform a distorted image to a rectangle ?

S
Posted By
Sanders
Sep 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:36:30 +0200, Galadriel wrote:

How can I "rectangularize" a distorted photo which have a barrel / cushion / spherical distorsion and also a perspective angle.
Can I do that whith photoshop manually ? with a filter ? with a specific software ?

Thank you in advance,
Galadriel.
Go to:
http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Image_Techniques/Barrel_Dist ortion_Correction_01.htm for a free download of a plug-in for correcting those distortions, along with instructions for their use. Good luck
–sanders
e-mail?Please erase theboard

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

S
Stephan
Sep 29, 2004
"Galadriel" wrote in message
How can I "rectangularize" a distorted photo which have a barrel / cushion / spherical distorsion and also a perspective angle.
Can I do that whith photoshop manually ? with a filter ? with a specific software ?

PanoTools is the best tool for this job
Good news: it is free
Bad news: it is very hard to learn

Stephan
DH
Dr Hackenbush
Sep 29, 2004
If you look in the filters section under distort theres few in there that should be able to sort it out
"shear" is pretty good, also do a "select" >"all" and then look at "edit" >
transform > distort and perspective, you should be able to sort it out without using any extra plugins

HTH

"Galadriel" wrote in message

Thank you in advance,
Galadriel.

———————————————————— ——————–
G
Galadriel
Sep 30, 2004
Thank you all for your help.

I think you’re right, PanoTools seems to be what I was looking for … I just have to learn to use it 🙂

Transform > Distort and Perspective is also good for some transformation and I really appreciate the visual way to use it, yet it can’t correct barrel, pincushion or spherical distortions.

Regards,
Galadriel.
C
Clyde
Sep 30, 2004
Galadriel wrote:
Thank you all for your help.

I think you’re right, PanoTools seems to be what I was looking for … I just have to learn to use it 🙂

Transform > Distort and Perspective is also good for some transformation and I really appreciate the visual way to use it, yet it can’t correct barrel, pincushion or spherical distortions.

Regards,
Galadriel.

You should use PTLens as the frontend to it.
http://www.epaperpress.com/ptlens/

This comes in a Photoshop plugin and makes it very easy to use. Well, if you know what lens was used to take the picture.

Clyde
B
bagal
Oct 3, 2004
Ah Galaldiel – I have no great contribution apart from to say hello to Lady of L

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections