P
Posted By
Pedro
Aug 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have PS CS, and I’m trying to reduce or eliminate a halo effect in a B&W old photo. The halo is around a white shirt, and it likely was caused by faulty exposure. The halo from the white shirt extends to another person in the photo. Any help would be appreciated.

Pedro

To contact me directly by email, please remove the words "NO" and "SPAM" from the reply address above.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
bagal
Aug 24, 2004
Hi Pedro

The best thing to do may be:

1 – post a URL to the image

2 – grant us permission to download it and tweak it

3 – be patient?

Artio

"Pedro" wrote in message
I have PS CS, and I’m trying to reduce or eliminate a halo effect in a B&W old photo. The halo is around a white shirt, and it likely was caused by faulty exposure. The halo from the white shirt extends to another person in the photo. Any help would be appreciated.
Pedro

To contact me directly by email, please remove the words "NO" and "SPAM" from the reply address above.
P
Pedro
Aug 25, 2004
Many thanks for the offer, but my goal is to learn how to do it myself.

Pedro

In article <6oJWc.41$
says…
Hi Pedro

3 – be patient?

Artio

"Pedro" wrote in message
Pedro

MR
Mike Russell
Aug 25, 2004
Pedro wrote:
Many thanks for the offer, but my goal is to learn how to do it myself.

Pedro

Not only is posting the image a good way to let us know exactly what the problem is, for example whether it’s halation or not, but seeing some else do it is a good way to learn.

I would start by blurring, inverting, adding it as a new layer in difference mode, and using a grouped levels layer and transparency to see if that improves things. The other way to go about it would be to manually darken the halo with dodge/burn, or better yet a layer added in overlay mode.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net

In article <6oJWc.41$
says…
Hi Pedro

3 – be patient?

Artio

"Pedro" wrote in message

Pedro

T
TheOne
Aug 25, 2004
in article , Pedro at
wrote on 08/23/2004 9:06 PM:

Pedro

Darken the photo.
B
bagal
Aug 25, 2004
Oh Mighty One (all Hail)

Would crayons work on this one too?

All Hail

Artio

"TheOne" wrote in message
in article , Pedro at

Pedro

Darken the photo.
T
TheOne
Aug 25, 2004
in article CQ5Xc.1104$, Arty Facting at
wrote on 08/25/2004 12:33 PM:

Oh Mighty One (all Hail)

All Hail

Artio

in article , Pedro at

Pedro

Darken the photo.

Probably be just right for him.
B
bagal
Aug 26, 2004
HHaaiill oohh wwoonnddeerroouuss MMaasstteerr

AArrttyy

in article CQ5Xc.1104$, Arty Facting at
wrote on 08/25/2004 12:33 PM:

Oh Mighty One (all Hail)

All Hail

Artio

in article , Pedro at

Pedro

Darken the photo.

Probably be just right for him.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections