Posted By
FridgeMagnate
Jul 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there

I have a picture of a silver (fairly shiny) galvanized dust bin/trash can. How can I realistically change the colour to, say, a solid red?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Callum

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TN
Tom Nelson
Jul 23, 2006
Hi Callum, I like your screen name.

I’d use Curves and click on the midpoint to lock it in place. Drag the white endpoint down from the corner to dull the highlights. If the lighting is fairly flat, this might be enough to remove the sense of shininess. You’ll have to select the bin (hope it’s not the wire mesh kind). In CS and CS2, the Color Replacement Tool (under the Paintbrush in the toolbox) should make short work of changing the color.

Tom Nelson
Tom Nelson Photography

I have a picture of a silver (fairly shiny) galvanized dust bin/trash can. How can I realistically change the colour to, say, a solid red?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections