A
Posted By
AAvK
Jun 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Curious, it’s probably been asked about before in all graphics groups…

I own a Wacom Intuos 6×8 (not 2 or 3), have lost my original pen and have "accidentaly" bought a new grip pen for Intuos2 because I did not know my tablet was a "1" (LOL). And it doesn’t work! Then I read about the compatabilities at Wacom-Asia and no kidding!

This "2" pen is much better than the original for gripping. I SUSPECT (merely) that since
the tablet gives a 1" broadcast and the pen is a passive unpowered relay (I think) that through that broadcast, therefore a signal can be sent to the pen via the tablet in order to change it to being compatable, yes?

Anyone know if there is such a downloadable program that does this hack idea??? Because I think it would be really awesome.

Giant_Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

D
Dave
Jun 20, 2006
On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:16:19 -0700, "AAvK"
wrote:

I own a Wacom Intuos 6×8 (not 2 or 3),

People talk very complimentary about Wacom on the newsgroups. I could not find Wacom in Durban South Africa, even after quite a few days search.
I then bought a 6×8 Genius, with a very comfortable grip on the pen. In fact, this is the best Graphic Pen I ever had (also the first)

Dave
A
AAvK
Jun 21, 2006
People talk very complimentary about Wacom on the newsgroups. I could not find Wacom in Durban South Africa, even after quite a few days search.
I then bought a 6×8 Genius, with a very comfortable grip on the pen. In fact, this is the best Graphic Pen I ever had (also the first)
Dave

Well many congrats! I have seen the maker’s website and they do look like an up and coming brand. If yours is the "MousePen", it’s got a higher resolution of over 4000 LPI, my old Intuos has less than 2500, and both have 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity. Now, you should have a battery recharger for those AAAs.

}<)))*> Giant_Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
not my site: http://www.e-sword.net/
D
Dave
Jun 23, 2006
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 02:24:36 -0700, "AAvK"
wrote:

Dave

Well many congrats! I have seen the maker’s website and they do look like an up and coming brand. If yours is the "MousePen", it’s got a higher resolution of over 4000 LPI, my old Intuos has less than 2500, and both have 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity. Now, you should have a battery charger for those AAAs.

Thanx:-) and yes it is a MousePen. Very reasonable priced and I have seen members here complaining about the grip on the pen of the Wacom, while this one’s pen feel just like an (comfortable) ordinary pen. You are sò right about the battery charger for these AAAs – will pick one up over the weekend.
Talking about batteries; usually battery using items do not include batteries, which made me surprised that this pen even had it in.

Here it is:
http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/product/product-1.asp?pdtno=483

Dave

PS.
The e-sword link with your letter brought about some interesting reading.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections