K
Posted By
klugja
Jun 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We recently decided to move to Photoshop CS2 from Photoshop 7.0.

This entailed moving to XP from Windows 98SE.

The last SCSI Vistascan 2.4.3 driver faults during boot in XP and is unsupported.

Since UMAX UK support suggests that Magicscan works in XP but was unsupported, I installed Magicscan.

I had seen old posts about memory problems with Magicscan and Photoshop, and sure enough, that is what happened. You would get at most 2 scans with Magicscan 4.3 and Photoshop.

Since this scanner was rock solid in Windows 98 with Vistascan, I suspected the software.

I installed Silverscan SE from Lasersoft (which required the Magicscan driver to be installed first), have tried many scans, and I have had no stability problems.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JI
jack_invalid_f_twist
Jun 10, 2006
wrote in message
We recently decided to move to Photoshop CS2 from Photoshop 7.0.
This entailed moving to XP from Windows 98SE.

The last SCSI Vistascan 2.4.3 driver faults during boot in XP and is unsupported.

Since UMAX UK support suggests that Magicscan works in XP but was unsupported, I installed Magicscan.

I had seen old posts about memory problems with Magicscan and Photoshop, and sure enough, that is what happened. You would get at most 2 scans with Magicscan 4.3 and Photoshop.

Since this scanner was rock solid in Windows 98 with Vistascan, I suspected the software.

I installed Silverscan SE from Lasersoft (which required the Magicscan driver to be installed first), have tried many scans, and I have had no stability problems.

I’ve been using Magicscan (v4.5) under XP for close to three years with no memory problems whatsoever. But if Silverfast does what you need to do, that’s great.

If you want to download Magicscan v4.5, it’s here:
http://www.umaxtech.de/ftp/MagicScan45.exe

If you’re using a Powerlook 1100, one other update is needed for XP: http://www.umaxweb.de/ftp/PL1100XP_Patch.exe

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections