Incompatibility between buZZ plug-in and PS CS?

DC
Posted By
d_cole
Mar 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using the plugin "buZZ Pro 2" for some time (since Photoshop 5.5) with no difficulty at all. BuZZ was made originally by a UK company called Segmentis, but has subsequently gone to some other company – FOt2PIX, or something similar, whose support is very rudimentary. Since moving to CS, I am plagued by buZZ failures. Most commonly, when I click on the buZZ link, I get a message saying – "Cannot open dat file", and then when I close that window, I get another message saying "Failed to load any stacker files". When I close this box, I get empty buZZ frames, and when I get rid of these, Photoshop can only be closed by a Ctrl-Alt_Del.

The problem occurs whether I put an 8bf file in a PS plugins folder or not. The buZZ folder itself is identified in Preferences.

I am stumped and would be v grateful for any ideas on how I might sort this out.

I installed PS CS over PS 7.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

H
Ho
Mar 7, 2004
I installed PS CS over PS 7.

If you mean that you installed CS to the same folder where PS7 was installed, and that you installed CS without first uninstalling PS7 from that folder, then try a clean install and see if that cures your problems.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections