DL
Posted By
Dimitri_Layiokapas
Mar 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I get blue screens while using Photoshop and computer stop responding. Usually the screen has the title IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. My computer is Compaq Presario 732 notebook with 112MB RAM, 1,2Ghz AMD cpu, 12GB free disc space and the OS is Windows XP home edition.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DL
Dimitri_Layiokapas
Mar 5, 2004
I get blue screens while using Photoshop and computer stop responding. Usually the screen has the title IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. My computer is Compaq Presario 732 notebook with 112MB RAM, 1,2Ghz AMD cpu, 12GB free disc space and the OS is Windows XP home edition.
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 5, 2004
hard to tell, could be a serious driver problem or bad ram or worse. have you reformatted and reinstalled the os? does it ever just lock up or reboot without the blue screen?
DL
Dimitri_Layiokapas
Mar 6, 2004
Thanks for the tips!
No i havent but never reboots or lock up without the blue screen and i only get them using PS. Usually happens when editing large photos!, and after using the program for about 1 hour.
Thanks again!.
CW
Colin_Walls
Mar 6, 2004
112MB RAM

This is an odd number and rather small …

XP blue-screening is generally an indication of a hardware fault.
MM
Mick_Murphy
Mar 7, 2004
I presume it must be a typo meaning 512. It can be a real pain trying to diagnose these faults. According to Win XP Annoyances book, these errors are usually indicative of faulty drivers. However, I’ve seen the same messages when I had a faulty processor.

I wonder if you are overheating given that it happens about an hour after editing in PS. Reason for saying this is that PS really uses the processor and can drive up the temperature a lot. Do you have temp monitoring software. If not perhaps it would be worth searching for and downloading a program which allows you to monitor your processor temperature. I think you can find something like this on www.sysinternals.com.

Other thing to do would be to run a RAM checker like memtest86 (www.memtest86.com).
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 7, 2004
XP blue-screening is generally an indication of a hardware fault.

not true, xp blue screening is generally a driver problem. but in this case i suspect it’s a hardware fault. i’m thinking mobo or ram.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections