CM
Posted By
Chris M Law
Jul 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
That’s the message I get after a fresh install (I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled once already) of the Tryout edition of 7.0.1. It appears to load all the components fine… this happens immediately after the splash screen disappears.

It’s not a very useful error message! Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CM
Chris M Law
Jul 3, 2003
But it’s the first time I’ve ever (attempted) to use any version of Photoshop. I will do as you say, but can’t think how the preferences could be causing the problem.
CM
Chris M Law
Jul 3, 2003
If it helps, it happens just after the ‘measuring memory’ bit. I have 1gb of RAM, so I’m not thinking that that’s the problem.
CM
Chris M Law
Jul 3, 2003
I’ve done a search for the exact error message, but no other solutions other than the ones you guys have suggested.

I’m off to install the Adobe printer driver. Will report back!
BC
bart.cross
Jul 3, 2003
Chris: Maybe you have a corrupt download of the trial edition. Possible, but the problem is a new download will not install.
CM
Chris M Law
Jul 3, 2003
Why will a new download not install?
CM
Chris M Law
Jul 3, 2003
Why will a new download not install?
DM
dave milbut
Jul 3, 2003
So it’s installing just not running? Did you get the postscript driver and install it as windows default? Did you reboot after that and before trying to run photoshop? Have you ever run the tryout successfully? (Even once?)
DM
dave milbut
Jul 3, 2003
what os again?

see this doc about location of prefrences files. go to the location and see if the prefs file exists. if it does, delete it and try to start ps again. it’ll be rebuilt.

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/6712.htm>
CM
Chris M Law
Jul 3, 2003
Windows XP Professional, updated to the gills. I have already tried deleting the preferences file. No dice.
CM
Chris M Law
Jul 4, 2003
OK, it works fine on everyone else’s profile on this machine. I’m an administrator, in fact, I’m the main man on this computer. Help!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections