PW
Posted By
Pjotr Wedersteers
Jul 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m making some instructional videos for some absolute ps beginners. Now I wonder if there are tools out there that allow me to display the keys I press during the recording. I have seen such a thing one time, but I guess it was on a mac. I am on Xp/intel
For the recording I prefer to use camtasia, since that’s is the package we own here.

Tips very welcome!
TIA
pjotr

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

H
Hecate
Jul 21, 2004
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:20:12 +0200, "Pjotr Wedersteers" wrote:

I’m making some instructional videos for some absolute ps beginners. Now I wonder if there are tools out there that allow me to display the keys I press during the recording. I have seen such a thing one time, but I guess it was on a mac. I am on Xp/intel
For the recording I prefer to use camtasia, since that’s is the package we own here.

Tips very welcome!
TIA
pjotr
Using the right tool for the right job is important. Are you intending something to be on the Net, or is this for a CD?

Different multimedia authoring tools would be used in different circumstances.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
PW
Pjotr Wedersteers
Jul 21, 2004
Hecate wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:20:12 +0200, "Pjotr Wedersteers" wrote:

Tips very welcome!
TIA
pjotr
Using the right tool for the right job is important. Are you intending something to be on the Net, or is this for a CD?

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

Primary target is a cd or dvd, but I already thought about compressing them into a more concise version in DivX for the net. I may even redo the comments manually later in english for the net version, the cd version is for a dutch audience.
Any good suggestions Hecate ?
Thanks foryour comments
Pjotr
PW
Pjotr Wedersteers
Jul 21, 2004
Pjotr Wedersteers wrote:

Tips very welcome!
TIA
pjotr

I have now found a utility that comes close to what I want (a friend found it rather, to be honest): it’s called keyscan.exe and can be downloaded here:
http://www.arcadecontrols.com/files/Utilities/keyscan09.zip

However, this one displays the entire keyboard, plus it has not got an ‘always on top’ feature. But I’m coming close. I may even try programming it myself if all else fails… But tips still welcome!
Pjotr
JP
Jay Peterman
Jul 21, 2004
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:38:17 +0200, "Pjotr Wedersteers" wrote:

Pjotr Wedersteers wrote:

Tips very welcome!
TIA
pjotr

I have now found a utility that comes close to what I want (a friend found it rather, to be honest): it’s called keyscan.exe and can be downloaded here:
However, this one displays the entire keyboard, plus it has not got an ‘always on top’ feature. But I’m coming close. I may even try programming it myself if all else fails… But tips still welcome!
Pjotr

Sounds great. Good luck with it, Pjotr.
H
Hecate
Jul 22, 2004
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:01:37 +0200, "Pjotr Wedersteers" wrote:

Primary target is a cd or dvd, but I already thought about compressing them into a more concise version in DivX for the net. I may even redo the comments manually later in english for the net version, the cd version is for a dutch audience.
Thanks foryour comments
Pjotr
Their are several apps which will do|: Macromedia Director is the most complete (and expensive). Along with it in the expensive stakes is Matchware’s Mediator EXP. But my personal favourite, and with a reasonable price compared to the others is Digital Workshop’s Opus Pro (version 04 just out). It’ll do everything you need.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
PW
Pjotr Wedersteers
Jul 22, 2004
Hecate wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:01:37 +0200, "Pjotr Wedersteers" wrote:

Thanks foryour comments
Pjotr
Their are several apps which will do|: Macromedia Director is the most complete (and expensive). Along with it in the expensive stakes is Matchware’s Mediator EXP. But my personal favourite, and with a reasonable price compared to the others is Digital Workshop’s Opus Pro (version 04 just out). It’ll do everything you need.
Thanks again for the tips. Problem is I don’t have a lot of money to spend on it, it’s more of a free service (sofar). And I also don’t fancy using illegal shite. So I’ll make sure I check out these if they have a trial version of sorts and let the moneymen decide if they care to spend some more on my sideprojects 😉 Camtasia is not a bad product by the way if you ask me, we used it a lot in the past already. Multimedia presentations sort of have become the buzzword around here. Marketing sells, right?

Now tell me what one has to do here to get a "Thanks to xxxx" posting, Hecate! Strip starknaked ?
Best!
Pjotr
PW
Pjotr Wedersteers
Jul 22, 2004
Jay Peterman wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:38:17 +0200, "Pjotr Wedersteers" wrote:

Pjotr Wedersteers wrote:

Tips very welcome!
TIA
pjotr

However, this one displays the entire keyboard, plus it has not got an ‘always on top’ feature. But I’m coming close. I may even try programming it myself if all else fails… But tips still welcome! Pjotr

Sounds great. Good luck with it, Pjotr.

Thanks for the morale boost Jay. I think there will be quite some interest for such a product, after all there’s tons of videotuts around these days. Who knows, maybe I’ll get rich quick and buy this newsgroup…! <exit dreammode>

Regards
Pjotr
H
Hecate
Jul 22, 2004
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:26:13 +0200, "Pjotr Wedersteers" wrote:

Thanks again for the tips. Problem is I don’t have a lot of money to spend on it, it’s more of a free service (sofar). And I also don’t fancy using illegal shite. So I’ll make sure I check out these if they have a trial version of sorts and let the moneymen decide if they care to spend some more on my sideprojects 😉 Camtasia is not a bad product by the way if you ask me, we used it a lot in the past already. Multimedia presentations sort of have become the buzzword around here. Marketing sells, right?
Now tell me what one has to do here to get a "Thanks to xxxx" posting, Hecate! Strip starknaked ?
Best!

hahahaha! Just be a cute redhead it seems like… 😉

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections