F
Posted By
Frank
Jul 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to solve a problem for a friend, who is having problems with Adobe Photoshop Elements.

When using Magnetic Lasso the first click starts the tool generating points around the picture as expected.

The second click of the mouse causes the whole of the picture to disappear, so that all that is left is a white background with the lasso drawn on top. Weird!!

Double clicking the mouse button causes the picture, complete with lasso, to reappear.

The graphics card used is an Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 and the operating system is XP (Home).

I’ve tried reducing the display resolutions and installing the latest display drivers.

Has anyone else had this problem? Do you know how to fix it?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

V
V1nc3nt
Jul 18, 2004
"Frank" wrote in message
I’m trying to solve a problem for a friend, who is having problems with Adobe Photoshop Elements.

When using Magnetic Lasso the first click starts the tool generating

The second click of the mouse causes the whole of the picture to
disappear,
so that all that is left is a white background with the lasso drawn on
top.
Weird!!

Double clicking the mouse button causes the picture, complete with lasso,
to
reappear.

The graphics card used is an Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 and the operating system is XP (Home).

I’ve tried reducing the display resolutions and installing the latest display drivers.

In PS you often can solve these kind of problems by reseting your preferences (pushing Shift+Ctrl+Alt the moment PS starts loading). You’ll be asked if you want to erase your preferences, or something like that. I don’t know this will also work in Elements though.

HTH
MR
Mike Russell
Jul 19, 2004
Frank wrote:

When using Magnetic Lasso the first click starts the tool generating points around the picture as expected.

The second click of the mouse causes the whole of the picture to disappear, so that all that is left is a white background with the lasso drawn on top. Weird!!

Double clicking the mouse button causes the picture, complete with lasso, to reappear.

Start by backing off the video acceleration slider, buried in the display properties under the Performance tab (or something similar).

Also install the latest directx version for XP.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
H
hecate
Jul 19, 2004
in article DeKKc.23972$, Mike Russell at
wrote on 07/18/2004 11:54 PM:

Frank wrote:

Start by backing off the video acceleration slider, buried in the display properties under the Performance tab (or something similar).

You guys with PC’s sure have a lot of problems with your displays.
MR
Mike Russell
Jul 19, 2004
hecate wrote:
in article DeKKc.23972$, Mike
Russell at wrote on 07/18/2004 11:54 PM:

Frank wrote:

You guys with PC’s sure have a lot of problems with your displays.

This is a gamers display card. People who want stability do have the option of just going with Matrox. It’s a combination of cutting edge, and a large number of manufacturers. The Geforce4 board was the leading 3d board for a year or more, and there were a lot of board makers- a dozen or more who adopted that chip set.

Mike Russell
www.geigy.2y.net

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections