SM
Posted By
Stu_Miller
Mar 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just installed Photoshop CS on top of 7.01. W2K with all SPs.

Neither any of the palettes nor the tool box will either move or resize. Among various other ideas, have tried various combinations of changing the resolution, using different file types, unchecking/checking ‘save palette locations’, restoring the preferences file. I’m new to forums – could not find anyone else reporting similar problem – sorry if I missed it.

Help.

Stu

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SM
Stu_Miller
Mar 2, 2004
This is my own addendum to my original preceding comment above. I would still welcome any thoughts. By simply selecting ‘palette options’ from any palette menu, the problem goes away intermittently – but does return eventually. It does not matter if I do or don’t change any palette options. I never experienced this in PS 5, 6, or 7. This is all very odd and looks very much like a program bug.

Stu
CW
Colin_Walls
Mar 2, 2004
You might want to try a prefs reset [per FAQ].
SM
Stu_Miller
Mar 2, 2004
Thanks for input, but I tied two different methods of restoring all preferences to default settings with no effect. I held Alt+Control+Shift immediately after launching (this prompted me to delete the current settings), and 2) I deleted the ‘Adobe Photoshop CS Settings’ folder.

Of note, as the program launch is completing, there is a brief moment before the ‘Welcome Screen’ window appears. During that brief moment, the palettes are movable (not enough time to see if they resize). But, once the welcome screen window appears, the problem begins. I deselect the ‘Show this dialog at startup’ but the problem remains with subsequent lauches. Restoring the prefrences also brings back the welcome screen window.

It’s all very strange. Any other ideas?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections