Posted By
m.wanstall
Apr 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

Just wondering whether there is a tool to create the Flash styled paintbrush in Photoshop? I don’t really mean the whole smoothing out curves and things but I am more looking for the variable width in the brush (this is harder to describe than I first imagined :P). In Flash, when you draw a line the width of the line is rather messy, it creates a very "hand drawn" look whilst still looking smooth, I’m sure you’d realise what I’m talking about as it’s used in pretty much every Flash cartoon out there for the lineart. I’m sick of doing lineart in Flash and then importing it into photoshop…is there any kind of brush or tool out there to help me?

Thanks in advance!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
noone
Apr 7, 2006
In article , m.
says…
Hi all,

Just wondering whether there is a tool to create the Flash styled paintbrush in Photoshop? I don’t really mean the whole smoothing out curves and things but I am more looking for the variable width in the brush (this is harder to describe than I first imagined :P). In Flash, when you draw a line the width of the line is rather messy, it creates a very "hand drawn" look whilst still looking smooth, I’m sure you’d realise what I’m talking about as it’s used in pretty much every Flash cartoon out there for the lineart. I’m sick of doing lineart in Flash and then importing it into photoshop…is there any kind of brush or tool out there to help me?

Thanks in advance!

If I understand correctly, you should be able to go into Window>Brushes>Tip Dynamics and adjust the Jitter. There are other Tip Dynamics settings that might get you closer to what you want. Don’t know how/if Tip Dynamics works with a mouse, because I only use them with the Wacom.

Hunt

NewsGuy.Com 30Gb $9.95 Carry Forward and On Demand Bandwidth

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections