Posted By
sahba.sanai
Apr 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello all
first off, sorry if this is not an appropriate place where to post this.

i need to quickly find 9 pointed star designs. unfortunately, nothing i have
found is suitable for what i want, so i’m wondering if you have any ideas on how to generate or obtain them.

the design i’m trying to find is similar to the one that can be found here: http://www.infonet.st-johns.nf.ca/providers/bahai/star.jpg

however, the "tips" or "ends" of the star should be narrower, originating from a location closer to the centre than that one.

thanks very much

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Apr 4, 2006
wrote

i need to quickly find 9 pointed star designs. unfortunately, nothing i have
found is suitable for what i want,

It is built into Photoshop. Go to the master pallet (floating thing on left) and right-click the SHAPES button, choose POLYGON. Then at the top of the screen, type in the number of sides (9). To get shorter star-tips, right-click on the little arrow beside the icon (at the top) and in the drop-down menu type is something like 30% next to "indent sides".

Then click and drag. You can rotate it as you click/drag, too.
J
Jason
Apr 11, 2006
In article ,
says…

Then click and drag. You can rotate it as you click/drag, too.
You can also "translate" as you click/drag – just hold down the spacebar.

Jason

reverse my name in email address

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections