Disable "jumping" of image when using "Move tool" ?

TP
Posted By
tom.parson
Apr 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to move a layer contents and use for this the Move Tools. It works in general but not on pixel level. Sometimes I cannot position the layer image at the pixel position I want. It "jumps" either approx 5 pixel to the top or bottom if I try to move it just one pixel. Why ?

It seems to me that there is a kind of snap-to-grid option enabled. How do I disable this ?

Tom

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
philthy
Apr 2, 2006
On 02 Apr 2006 14:29:55 GMT, Tom Parson wrote:

I want to move a layer contents and use for this the Move Tools. It works in general but not on pixel level. Sometimes I cannot position the layer image at the pixel position I want. It "jumps" either approx 5 pixel to the top or bottom if I try to move it just one pixel. Why ?

It seems to me that there is a kind of snap-to-grid option enabled. How do I disable this ?

Tom

Untick snap option (under ‘view’ menu, I think in PS CS).

Phil
W
Wheeler
Apr 2, 2006
"Tom Parson" wrote in message
I want to move a layer contents and use for this the Move Tools. It works in general but not on pixel level. Sometimes I cannot position the layer
image at the pixel position I want. It "jumps" either approx 5 pixel to the top or bottom
if I try to move it just one pixel. Why ?

Tom
in ps7 snap and snap to–(guide, grid, slices, document bounds, all, none) is listed about 2/3 of the way down the view menu
T
Tacit
Apr 2, 2006
In article <442fdfe2$0$7756$>,
(Tom Parson) wrote:

I want to move a layer contents and use for this the Move Tools. It works in general but not on pixel level. Sometimes I cannot position the layer
image at the pixel position I want. It "jumps" either approx 5 pixel to the top or bottom

Because it snaps to the edge or center of the image.

There are two ways to disable this. Either hold down the CONTROL key on your keyboard when you move, or use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the layer one pixel at a time.

A good general rule of Photoshop is that just about every tool in the Toolbar will do something different if you hold down the CONTROL key, and most keys will also do something different when you hold down SHIFT, ALT, or both. Whenever you have trouble because a tool is doing something you don’t want, or doing something you think it shouldn’t, try seeing what happens if you use it while you hold down CONTROL, SHIFT, ALT, or SHIFT+ALT.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com
E
edjh
Apr 2, 2006
Tom Parson wrote:

Tom
With the Move tool you can move images in one pixel increments using the arrow keys. Shift-click makes it ten pixel increments.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
C
Charley
Apr 7, 2006
Use the arrow keys to "bump" it one pixel at a time.

Charley

"Wheeler" <pwheeler7 @ sbcglobal. net> wrote in message
"Tom Parson" wrote in message

Tom
in ps7 snap and snap to–(guide, grid, slices, document bounds, all, none) is listed about 2/3 of the way down the view menu

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections