PC
Posted By
Peggy_Carr
Feb 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just upgraded to Photoshop 7 from 6 on my Windows XP machine and now Photoshop can’t find my Plugins (like genuine fractals, etc.) Do I really have to reinstall all my plugins, or is there some simple way of making this work?

TIA,
Peggy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Feb 26, 2004
You just need to go into your Photoshop preferences and re-specify for Photoshop where to find your primary and seconday plug-in folders.

Best practice: Keep all 3rd-party plugins in a folder separate from the native Plugins folder.
L
LenHewitt
Feb 26, 2004
Peggy,

As Phosphor says BUT do not specify the Photoshop 6 plugins folder as the additional plugins folder for PS7. If you do, there will be conflicts between the different versions of the Photoshop ‘native’ plugins.

This is why 3rd party plugins should be installed to a different plugins folder….
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 26, 2004
DO NOT point the version 7 folder at 6’s plugin folder!!! You will have major problems. If the plugins can be moved or are in a seperate folder, point to that, otherwise you’ll need to reinstall them.

You should do so anyway, becasue as phos says, by installing them in to a neutral folder, for example "PeggysPlugins", you’ll be able to safely point any app that uses ps plugins at that folder without having the risk of corrupting an install by moving something that shouldn’t be moved.
P
Phosphor
Feb 26, 2004
Those guys are correct.

I have a bad habit, sometimes, of assuming that the person asking already knows about the things they left out of their question.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections