GH
Posted By
Gary Helfrich
Jul 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a new computer running win. XP home version, I wanted to install Photoshop. Since I have V.4.0 and upgrade CD’s since then, XP does not seem to recognize Photoshop V 4.0 it keeps giving me an error message needs 3mb of free virtual memory, but if I put in a newer version, say V-6.0 then it goes ahead and starts to install untill I get the Ser. Num. screen then I have to stop. How can I intall from version 4.0

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave milbut
Jul 2, 2003
you should be able to just pop in the ver 4 cd when 6 is looking for it. OR if you can install 4 I don’t think you need to be able to run it. just intstall it then install 6, it’ll find 4 OR install 4 and find the 4.01 (2?) update. and try running 4 in win 95 simulation mode in xp (right click – proporties – etc..)
E
envirographics
Jul 2, 2003
Gary,
Seeing that you have gone from Win98 to XP, I am interested to see how you fare regards problem in my posting just now called:-
Cry for help to Win98 graphics users now on Win2000XPME
Steve
GH
Gary Helfrich
Jul 3, 2003
Steve:
I did not upgrade from 98 to XP, I bought a new computer that has XP installed. I did not want to upgrade from 98 to XP on my old computer. Thought it would be safer just to get another computer and start new.

Gary
TL
Ty Lewis
Jul 18, 2003
Hello,
I have been searching for an answer to my nightmare. Maybe you can help. I bought a new Dell PC with XP on it. I have Photoshop 4.0 that worked fine on my old Compaq with Windows 98 . I have been receiving errors and the program has been crashing. Any way to stop the madness or will I have to Upgrade to 7.0 Photoshop. My email is or please feel free to call my cell 703-727-6399
I have been working on a team logo and can’t get it finished, Help!

Thanks,
Ty Lewis

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections