how to bend a panaromic photo into an arc?

R
Posted By
Roberto
Feb 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a panoramic photo of a group of people that I want to make into an arc shape (or semi circle) so it can be printed as a dvd label.

How do I do this in photoshop? I look at all the filters in photoshop and couldn’t find anything to do this.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MR
Mike Russell
Feb 26, 2006
"peter" wrote in message
I have a panoramic photo of a group of people that I want to make into an arc shape (or semi circle) so it can be printed as a dvd label.
How do I do this in photoshop? I look at all the filters in photoshop and couldn’t find anything to do this.

One way is by adding a white border to the top of your image, and using Filter>Distort>Radial Coordinates to convert \to radial coordinates.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
R
Roberto
Feb 26, 2006
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
"peter" wrote in message

One way is by adding a white border to the top of your image, and using Filter>Distort>Radial Coordinates to convert \to radial coordinates.

It works! I got very unique looking graphics. The people near the edges are "fattened" and the ones near the inside are "narrowed". Just hope nobody gets mad.
N
noone
Feb 26, 2006
In article <UceMf.1594$ says…
"peter" wrote in message

It works! I got very unique looking graphics. The people near the edges are "fattened" and the ones near the inside are "narrowed". Just hope nobody gets mad.

Those near the center will be flattered, while those near the edges, well… <G>. Next time, everyone will fight to be in the center!

Hunt
MR
Mike Russell
Feb 26, 2006
In article <UceMf.1594$ says…
[re fine tuning radial coordinate distortion for a CD label]

Add a wider border before you convert, and duplicate the image or add a title to make a strip that runs around the edge. The idea is to make the image longer and thinner to make it less distorted.

Another fun thing for a CD label is to convert from radial to rectangular, add the strip to the top to make the image square, and then convert from radial to rectangular. This makes it look like the image melted like a candle and made a hole in the center.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
MR
Mike Russell
Feb 26, 2006

Oops – should have said:

Another fun thing for a CD label is to convert from radial to rectangular, add the strip to the top to make the image square, and then convert from —> * rectangular to radial* . <—

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
RF
Robert Feinman
Feb 27, 2006
In article <_jcMf.1535$ says…
You could probably do this with the free photoshop plugin called panorama tools. One of its features is to allow a change in projection from rectangular to cylindrical (or spherical). It is also useful for fixing barrel and pincushion distortion.
A search will show a current site for downloading.

Robert D Feinman
Landscapes, Cityscapes and Panoramic Photographs
http://robertdfeinman.com
mail:

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections