H
Posted By
howldog
Feb 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just installed CS2 premium for windows. Havent had much time to investigate it, but did notice Version Cue requires 60 megs of RAM to operate. What does it do? Do I really need it? Can i turn it off and expect the other programs to behave normally?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
SpaceGirl
Feb 24, 2006
howldog wrote:
Just installed CS2 premium for windows. Havent had much time to investigate it, but did notice Version Cue requires 60 megs of RAM to operate. What does it do? Do I really need it? Can i turn it off and expect the other programs to behave normally?

You can turn it off.

It’s used for version management etc. Basically you can create a project repositary and store all the images belonging to that project in one place via VC. VC maintains "old" versions of your images, so if you decided to roll back to an earlier version of your image you have easy access. Also useful for picky clients who like to see several variations on an image – you can associate them with each other for easy management. It also lets you manage checking in and out – so in a studio if you have lots of people working on the same project you can avoid people editing the same image at the same time. It’s pretty good, but overkill if you are a one-girl business or really small studio.
H
howldog
Feb 24, 2006
On 24 Feb 2006 06:55:21 -0800, "SpaceGirl"
wrote:

howldog wrote:

You can turn it off.

It’s used for version management etc. Basically you can create a project repositary and store all the images belonging to that project in one place via VC. VC maintains "old" versions of your images, so if you decided to roll back to an earlier version of your image you have easy access. Also useful for picky clients who like to see several variations on an image – you can associate them with each other for easy management. It also lets you manage checking in and out – so in a studio if you have lots of people working on the same project you can avoid people editing the same image at the same time. It’s pretty good, but overkill if you are a one-girl business or really small studio.

thank you, very helpful. there is no way to un-install it, is there? Best thing to do is click the taskbar icon and say, "do not load on startup"?
S
SpaceGirl
Feb 27, 2006
howldog wrote:

thank you, very helpful. there is no way to un-install it, is there? Best thing to do is click the taskbar icon and say, "do not load on startup"?

Yeah, that’ll do the trick.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections