Posted By
Tobias
Jun 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Howdy all,

I’m trying to make a gallery of a trip and everything works but the max it will let me reduce a file to is 800×600, thats WAY too small. When I try to increase it it tells me 800 is the biggest. Anyone know a way around this?

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
nomail
Jun 19, 2004
Tobias wrote:

I’m trying to make a gallery of a trip and everything works but the max it will let me reduce a file to is 800×600, thats WAY too small. When I try to increase it it tells me 800 is the biggest. Anyone know a way around this?

Why is that "WAY too small"? The average screen resolution of your visitors is probably 1024 x 768, many use smaller monitor resolutions. If you want to let your visitors see you pictures without having to scroll, 800 x 600 pixels sounds quite right.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
R
Roberto
Jun 19, 2004
Having pics larger than 800 x 600 is going to annoy a lot of people – the majority who still use or only have access to dialup, plus increase the site’s bandwidth requirements dramatically. Johan is right, having scrollbars appear on a single image is not going to impress anyone.

Another problem is people who don’t what they’re doing who "scale" down a huge pic from their 5 MP camera inside Dreamweaver instead of resampling it to the correct dimensions in the first place.

JD
V
Voivod
Jun 19, 2004
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:40:57 GMT, Tobias
scribbled:

Howdy all,

Image Walker – http://www.imagewalker.com/

Far superior to Photoshop’s web gallery feature.
in article , Voivod at
wrote on 06/19/2004 11:42 AM:

http://www.artistmike.com

Far superior to any other web site.

I agree.
T
Tobias
Jun 20, 2004
The picts I am working with are from hunting and fishing and the main people that view them are on the same hunting and fishing boards as I am and just about all have high speed. If people are running 1024×768 on a modern p4-1.4 gig with 19 or 21" monitor they have bigger problems than using the scroll bars.

In article , says…
Having pics larger than 800 x 600 is going to annoy a lot of people – the majority who still use or only have access to dialup, plus increase the site’s bandwidth requirements dramatically. Johan is right, having scrollbars appear on a single image is not going to impress anyone.
Another problem is people who don’t what they’re doing who "scale" down a huge pic from their 5 MP camera inside Dreamweaver instead of resampling it to the correct dimensions in the first place.

JD
R
Roberto
Jun 20, 2004
Bigger problems? Like having too much money? They must to be able to afford the best gear such as you describe. The average person does not have a 19" or 21" computer monitor, I’d say. However, if your company of friends does, cogrars on achieving the American Dream, to be able to afford hi-speed, the lastest equip. and frivolous fishing trips.

JD

If people are running 1024×768 on a
modern p4-1.4 gig with 19 or 21" monitor they have bigger problems than using the scroll bars.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections