Simulating a laminated effect

Posted By
Jun 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a plug-in which can simulate a laminated effect, or can someone show me how to reproduce this effect?

I have made a document which I would like to make it look as though it has been laminated (without actually having to laminate it proper!).

Mike

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TD
The Doormouse
Jun 18, 2004
"<mike>" wrote:

Is there a plug-in which can simulate a laminated effect, or can someone show me how to reproduce this effect?

How sad! =(

Mike’s warez did not come with the Plastic Wrap filter.

The Doormouse

The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.
Jun 18, 2004
"The Doormouse" wrote in message

How sad! =(

Mike’s warez did not come with the Plastic Wrap filter.

The Doormouse

I just assumed that anyone who has used the plastic wrap filter already realises how crap it is, so no, that wouldn’t do. It simulates plastic wrap (very badly) and approaches nothing near a ** laminated ** effect.

Thanks for your piracy concerns, but they are unwarranted 🙂

Any other more

Mike.
TD
The Doormouse
Jun 18, 2004
"<mike>" wrote:

I just assumed that anyone who has used the plastic wrap filter already realises how crap it is, so no, that wouldn’t do. It simulates plastic wrap (very badly) and approaches nothing near a ** laminated ** effect.

Imagine my shocked disgust that you had not discovered that filter for yourself! So, you hate the "plastic wrap" filter … maybe you could be more specific about the effect that you are trying to achive?

The Doormouse

Jun 18, 2004
"The Doormouse" wrote in message
"<mike>" wrote:

Imagine my shocked disgust that you had not discovered that filter for yourself! So, you hate the "plastic wrap" filter … maybe you could be
more
specific about the effect that you are trying to achive?
The Doormouse

Erm.. To quote my first post, "I have made a document which I would like to make it look as though it has been laminated". So, the conclusion that a normal person would draw from that is that I am looking for the effect of a laminated document.
NE
no_email
Jun 18, 2004
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:45:25 +0100, "<mike>" wrote:
Erm.. To quote my first post, "I have made a document which I would like to make it look as though it has been laminated". So, the conclusion that a normal person would draw from that is that I am looking for the effect of a laminated document.
I must admit that I am confused also. The plastic wrap seems like it can be adjusted to what I imagine you are looking for. In real life lamination is only for protection and is as invisible as they can make it.
ZONED!
H
Husky
Jun 18, 2004
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:45:25 +0100, "<mike>" wrote:

There was a tutorial that might actually fit the bill. Sorry can’t be more specific, but it might be findable or remindable to others if I describe it..

The example was a boat on cinder blocks in a guys backyard. The finished project using history brush was the same covered boat in the middle of a blue lake under a blue sky with the semi reflection of the boat in the water. The reflection had it’s own layer. I would say pick whatever you want the lamination to reflect then either find this tutorial, or using the history brush, go at that till you have a satisfactory reflection.

more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html
TD
The Doormouse
Jun 18, 2004
"<mike>" wrote:

So, the conclusion that a
normal person would draw from that is that I am looking for the effect of a laminated document.

You want to simulate gloss, but not the way that the "plastic wrap" filter does it. Is this correct?

The Doormouse

GD
George Dingwall
Jun 18, 2004
Hi Mike,

Try scanning in an image of a sheet of clear kitchen plastic wrap. Just lay it on the bed of the scanner. Play about with the level of crinkle to find one that suits your purpose.

Then copy this image over your original and set the blending mode to Overlay.

It gives an intersting effect which is a lot better than the stock PLastic Wrap filter.

Hope this helps.

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 21:19:47 +0100, "<mike>" wrote:

I have made a document which I would like to make it look as though it has been laminated (without actually having to laminate it proper!).
Mike

Bye for now,

George Dingwall

Invergordon, Scotland

www.georgedingwall.freeuk.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections