Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
The question is it worth it?

Regards Alpen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MI
Mark_invalid_spamblock_
Feb 11, 2006
"Alan Penn" wrote in message
Hi,

Yes.

No.

Depends.
BC
Bruce Coryell
Feb 11, 2006
Mark C. wrote:
Hi,

Yes.

No.

Depends.
For what it’s worth, I just upgraded from 6 to CS2, and having skipped 7 and CS, was expecting some big changes (I know the healing brush first appeared in 7). Instead, I was underwhelmed by how little they are different. CS2 has the healing brush, and more sharpening options than 6, and that’s about it. I would imagine going from CS to CS2 would be even more underwhelming.
C
carolyn
Feb 11, 2006
so worth it. i couldn’t live without my new tool ‘WARP" . also comew with bridge which is a stand alone application and you can edit, organize, automate, append metadata, batch action, cpoyright,… i could go on forever. also, back in cs2, so many more features and capabilities. adobe will let you download a trial version and go to womdpw-workspace-what’s new in cs2 and it will highlight all that is new. try it and judge for yourself. i do this for a living and would never give up my new version.

good thoughts,
carolyn

www.carolyncoffey.com
C
carolyn
Feb 11, 2006
so worth it. i couldn’t live without my new tool ‘WARP" . also comew with bridge which is a stand alone application and you can edit, organize, automate, append metadata, batch action, cpoyright,… i could go on forever. also, back in cs2, so many more features and capabilities. adobe will let you download a trial version and go to womdpw-workspace-what’s new in cs2 and it will highlight all that is new. try it and judge for yourself. i do this for a living and would never give up my new version.

good thoughts,
carolyn

www.carolyncoffey.com
E
edjh
Feb 11, 2006
Bruce Coryell wrote:
Mark C. wrote:

Hi,

Yes.

No.

Depends.
For what it’s worth, I just upgraded from 6 to CS2, and having skipped 7 and CS, was expecting some big changes (I know the healing brush first appeared in 7). Instead, I was underwhelmed by how little they are different. CS2 has the healing brush, and more sharpening options than 6, and that’s about it. I would imagine going from CS to CS2 would be even more underwhelming.

I think you need to explore a little more. There’s a lot different in CS2 from 6. Text on a Path, Bridge, Warp, many other new tools.

I don’t know if I’d go from CS to CS2 though

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
MR
Mike Russell
Feb 12, 2006

Yes. There are enough new features that it’s worth it.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
G
ggull
Feb 24, 2006
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
"Alan Penn" wrote …

But then the question arises, will CS3 (or whatever they call the next version) come along next week and make you kick yourself? I’ve kind of figured it would be worthwhile to go to CS2, but it’s been out long enough I just KNOW that the minute I do it will be obsolete :-).

Anybody have any prognostications (scuttlebut, mystical calendrical cycles, whatever) as to when the next release is likely?
N
noone
Feb 24, 2006
In article ,
says…
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
"Alan Penn" wrote …

But then the question arises, will CS3 (or whatever they call the next version) come along next week and make you kick yourself? I’ve kind of figured it would be worthwhile to go to CS2, but it’s been out long enough I just KNOW that the minute I do it will be obsolete :-).

Anybody have any prognostications (scuttlebut, mystical calendrical cycles, whatever) as to when the next release is likely?

Judging by the leaves in my Earl Gray, I’d say that within 6-9 months, a new version will be out.

While I always grab the upgrade very soon upon release (yes, I know that sometimes one gets a Beta), I HAVE resisted updateing all of my books, CRIAB, Wilmore, etc. to the CS2, as I feel there will be CSx replacements soon.

Hunt
G
ggull
Feb 26, 2006
"Hunt" wrote in …
says…
But then the question arises, will CS3 (or whatever they call the next version) come along next week and make you kick yourself? I’ve kind of figured it would be worthwhile to go to CS2, but it’s been out long enough I
just KNOW that the minute I do it will be obsolete :-).
….
Judging by the leaves in my Earl Gray, I’d say that within 6-9 months, a new
version will be out.

While I always grab the upgrade very soon upon release (yes, I know that sometimes one gets a Beta), I HAVE resisted updateing all of my books, CRIAB,
Wilmore, etc. to the CS2, as I feel there will be CSx replacements soon.

Well, usually I’d go with a straight tea; all that bergamot oil might affect the pattern of the leaves. But I’ll go with the expert opinion.

I have the opposite problem .. I got a couple of books that are CS2 rather than CS1 (in one case I don’t think there was a CS1 edition, Kat Eismann’s Restoration & Retouching), and am kind of leaning toward bringing the program up with the books. Ah well, if I procrastinate long enough …..

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections