R
Posted By
Robot
Jun 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Need A Photoshop CS Action To Open A Specific File / MAC ________________________________________________________

I’m trying to simplify a process I do on certain digital cam files, putting a composite of several on an already-set-up template page.

How can I create an action in Photoshop CS that will quickly open the same template file to work on? It will be the same file over and over which will be opened.

Is this possible without using scripting / Applescript?

THANKS!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

E
edjh
Jun 6, 2004
Robot wrote:
Need A Photoshop CS Action To Open A Specific File / MAC ________________________________________________________
I’m trying to simplify a process I do on certain digital cam files, putting a composite of several on an already-set-up template page.
How can I create an action in Photoshop CS that will quickly open the same template file to work on? It will be the same file over and over which will be opened.

Is this possible without using scripting / Applescript?

THANKS!
Very easy. Simply make a new action, tie it to a function key, and record the opening of that file. Stop recording. The action will open the Template every time you hit the key in Photoshop. Just make sure the template is not moved or the action won’t be able to find it.

Actually, you could even make an action creating the template, then no need to store it anywhere. Same routine, just record the making of the template document.

If you need it to open Photoshop and do this. Applescript will be needed, but even that is not too hard.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections