Posted By
jason
Nov 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I’m using Photoshop 7.0.1 in Windows XP. When I draw a Rectangle with the "Rectangle Tool" it looks as though the edges are a bit fuzzy or aliased. I want the edges to be sharp and crisp — I cannot find where to turn off aliasing…

Can anyone assist?

Applying a Stroke doesn’t seem to help. Inner, Outer or Center. I’m using a state of the art LCD monitor — it’s VERY crisp and sharp — bitmaps look fine and unaliased… so it’s not my monitor… nor is it the X/Y coordinates. My rectangle is not sitting in nor stretched to, fractional pixels; using full pixel dimensions and positions.

I.E.
400.0 x 100.0 not 400.5 x 100.5

I know there has to be a way to get my shapes non-aliased. Thanks.

Jason

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

E
edjh
Nov 22, 2003
Jason wrote:
Hi

I’m using Photoshop 7.0.1 in Windows XP. When I draw a Rectangle with the "Rectangle Tool" it looks as though the edges are a bit fuzzy or aliased. I want the edges to be sharp and crisp — I cannot find where to turn off aliasing…

Can anyone assist?

Applying a Stroke doesn’t seem to help. Inner, Outer or Center. I’m using a state of the art LCD monitor — it’s VERY crisp and sharp — bitmaps look fine and unaliased… so it’s not my monitor… nor is it the X/Y coordinates. My rectangle is not sitting in nor stretched to, fractional pixels; using full pixel dimensions and positions.
I.E.

Jason
I think that’s just the way the preview is when you make a Shape Layer. It’s really a vector but they display it "soft". Try using the other option that makes a pixel rectangle with anti-aliasing unchecked in the Options Bar.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
FR
Fran Reno
Nov 23, 2003
Use a shape when you want to create a rectangle. In the layers tool list, it will also show a layer mask for the shape. Once you have gotten what you need done….disable the mask and then rasterize the layer.

Fran

"edjh" wrote in message
Jason wrote:
Hi

Can anyone assist?

I.E.

Jason
I think that’s just the way the preview is when you make a Shape Layer. It’s really a vector but they display it "soft". Try using the other option that makes a pixel rectangle with anti-aliasing unchecked in the Options Bar.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections