Posted By
phoney.email
May 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PS 6 here… Two questions about curves:

How do I create Map settings (*.AMP) files by exactly specifying all 256 points using numbers instead of drawing with the pen tool?

What are Transfer functions (*.ATF files)?

Don.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
May 26, 2004
Don wrote:

How do I create Map settings (*.AMP) files by exactly specifying all 256 points using numbers instead of drawing with the pen tool?

You can write the binary values to a file using another program, such as MatLab, or use Photoshop to create a small 256×1 pixel grayscale image and set the pixel values one at a time with the pencil, then save that as a raw file, cha change the suffix to "AMP’.

These are used for printer ink response curves, which you can access deep in the printer options.

These files and others are discussed in the SDK documents that come on the PS6 CD.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
PE
phoney.email
May 27, 2004
On Wed, 26 May 2004 21:43:52 GMT, "Mike Russell" wrote:

Don wrote:

You can write the binary values to a file using another program, such as MatLab, or use Photoshop to create a small 256×1 pixel grayscale image and set the pixel values one at a time with the pencil, then save that as a raw file, cha change the suffix to "AMP’.

Excellent! Thanks very much, Mike!

These are used for printer ink response curves, which you can access deep in the printer options.

These files and others are discussed in the SDK documents that come on the PS6 CD.

I’m not really interested in printing, but this is good to know. Also, it’s a timely reminder to browse the SDK more carefully!!!

Thanks again!

Don.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections