i would like to know how this group tolerate such an asshole Vovoid-bustard,smart-ass

L
Posted By
loon
May 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JW
JP White
May 24, 2004
We have two choices. Read this NG or go elsewhere.

Presumably those that cannot tolerate Vovoid walk away from the NG. Those that don’t walk away by definition tolerate Vovoid (at least by some degree).

Try as you may you can’t get Vovoid to go away, so you have the same two choices the rest of us do.

JP
D
dwolf
May 24, 2004
And I’m so sorry I fed the troll…. I didn’t know… Now I do… "JP White" wrote in message

Presumably those that cannot tolerate Vovoid walk away from the NG. Those that don’t walk away by definition tolerate Vovoid (at least by some degree).

Try as you may you can’t get Vovoid to go away, so you have the same two choices the rest of us do.

JP
MR
Mike Russell
May 24, 2004
He’s like those gargoyles on the corners of Notre Dame. The place just wouldn’t be the same without him.

His secret is that some people, like yourself apparently, can’t resist playing his game, and get sucked into the Voivod Vortex. —

Mike Russell
www.geigy.2y.net
MR
Mike Russell
May 24, 2004
dwolf wrote:
And I’m so sorry I fed the troll…. I didn’t know… Now I do…

You may attone by posting a useful article to this newsgroup. 🙂 —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
TD
The Doormouse
May 24, 2004
"Mike Russell" wrote:
You may attone by posting a useful article to this newsgroup. 🙂

If he was really sorry, he would have brought me hot and fresh chocolate chip cookies!

Do you see any cookies in my paws?

Hmmph!

The Doormouse

The Doormouse cannot be reached by e-mail without her permission.
D
dwolf
May 24, 2004
mmmmmmmmm cookies
http://www.alohaprincess.com/images/photos/Chocolate%20Chip% 20Cookie%20Pic.jpg

"The Doormouse" wrote in message
"Mike Russell" wrote:
You may attone by posting a useful article to this newsgroup. 🙂

If he was really sorry, he would have brought me hot and fresh chocolate chip cookies!

Do you see any cookies in my paws?

Hmmph!

The Doormouse

V
Voivod
May 24, 2004
On Sun, 23 May 2004 21:13:17 -0400, "dwolf"
scribbled:

And I’m so sorry I fed the troll…. I didn’t know… Now I do…

No, you’re still ignorant…
V
Voivod
May 24, 2004
On Sun, 23 May 2004 19:27:58 -0500, JP White
scribbled:

Yeah, it’s too bad your software didn’t have a way of filtering out posts by people that make you whine and snivel…..
TD
The Doormouse
May 24, 2004
"dwolf" wrote:

http://www.alohaprincess.com/images/photos/Chocolate%20Chip% 20Cookie%20 Pic.jpg

All is forgiven!

=9

The Doormouse

M
Mike
May 24, 2004
in article , Voivod at
wrote on 05/23/2004 9:08 PM:

On Sun, 23 May 2004 19:27:58 -0500, JP White
scribbled:

Yeah, it’s too bad your software didn’t have a way of filtering out posts by people that make you whine and snivel…..

You have the power to make him whine and snivel? When did you get that power? How much did it cost?

":^) ®

Mike

* Logo Design *
Put some fun in your next logo!

Site at: http://www.artistmike.com
S
Stephan
May 24, 2004
"loon" wrote in message
At least Vovoid knows how to post on a NG.
Vovoid has helped more people than you will in this group and has provided some good entertainment also!
If you don’t like his "style" well, just don’t read him.

Stephan
J
jaSPAMc
May 24, 2004
On Sun, 23 May 2004 19:27:58 -0500, JP White found
these unused words floating about:

JP

RTFM and/or "F1" => "filter" …
PJ
Paul J Gans
May 25, 2004
JP White wrote:

God invented the internet.

Asocial individuals used it.

So God invented the kill file.

Us it, and a miracle will occur. Vovoid will vanish.

—– Paul J. Gans
N
newsgroup
May 25, 2004
"Stephan" wrote in message
"loon" wrote in message
Vovoid has helped more people than you will in this group and has provided some good entertainment also!
Stephan

So what now, the bitch has a lapdog?
MC
marin chiselwitt
May 26, 2004
Can u explain what this ‘kill’ file is?
I use Thunderbird to read my news… Is there a similar function here?

thanks

mart

Paul J Gans wrote:
JP White wrote:

God invented the internet.

Asocial individuals used it.

So God invented the kill file.

Us it, and a miracle will occur. Vovoid will vanish.

—– Paul J. Gans
JC
James Connell
May 26, 2004
marin chiselwitt wrote:
Can u explain what this ‘kill’ file is?
I use Thunderbird to read my news… Is there a similar function here?
thanks

mart

tools -> message filters -> add
MR
Mike Russell
May 26, 2004
~Doc wrote:
"loon" wrote in message
Stephan

No. Besides being one of the smarter people in this news group, Stephan happens to be right.

Mike C. AKA Voivod AKA Vovoid AKA Combaticus is here to stay – he has been here longer than either of us, and he will probably outlast us both as well. Since be changes his nick every few months, and sometimes uses two at once, it’s impossible to totally block him.

Mike C’s ISP has cancelled him at least once, and he just signed up for another one – so there’s very little choice other than to get used to his little psychological jabs, hope that others don’t get sucked in too bad, and be happy that he’s no worse than he is.

The Internet is a garden with no fence.

Mike Russell
www.geigy.2y.net
V
Voivod
May 26, 2004
On Wed, 26 May 2004 21:39:00 GMT, "Mike Russell" scribbled:

Mike C. AKA Voivod AKA Vovoid AKA Combaticus is here to stay

My nickname in this group has NEVER once changed. Perhaps you should take some time out and learn how to read headers before you make moronic accusations that have no weight to them.

Mike C’s ISP has cancelled him at least once,

I’ve also never lost an ISP and had this same account for five years. So much for the defective detective you’re turning out to be.
JC
James Connell
May 27, 2004
Mike Russell wrote:

No. Besides being one of the smarter people in this news group, Stephan happens to be right.

Mike C. AKA Voivod AKA Vovoid AKA Combaticus is here to stay – he has been here longer than either of us, and he will probably outlast us both as well. Since be changes his nick every few months, and sometimes uses two at once, it’s impossible to totally block him.

Mike C’s ISP has cancelled him at least once, and he just signed up for another one – so there’s very little choice other than to get used to his little psychological jabs, hope that others don’t get sucked in too bad, and be happy that he’s no worse than he is.

Mike Russell
www.geigy.2y.net

you are in error – mike c. and the burgerboy (aka voivod) aren’t the same person. burgerboy is just a punk who thinks he’s a troll, he can’t even come up with a successful sockpuppet ( not smart enough to hide his isp). he stays in the killfile easily – probably useing his daddys account – that’s why he stays the same.
V
Voivod
May 27, 2004
On Wed, 26 May 2004 19:34:25 -0800, James Connell
scribbled:

burgerboy

Still obsessed with that line of shit you swallowed hook line and sinker? You’ll get over it some day.
S
Stephan
May 27, 2004
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
~Doc wrote:
"loon" wrote in message
Stephan

Thanks Mike 😉
Mike C. AKA Voivod AKA Vovoid AKA Combaticus is here to stay – he has been here longer than either of us, and he will probably outlast us both as
well.
Since be changes his nick every few months, and sometimes uses two at
once,
it’s impossible to totally block him.

Mike C’s ISP has cancelled him at least once, and he just signed up for another one – so there’s very little choice other than to get used to his little psychological jabs, hope that others don’t get sucked in too bad,
and
be happy that he’s no worse than he is.

I am pretty sure Vovoid is not Mike.

Mike Russell
www.geigy.2y.net

V
Voivod
May 27, 2004
On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:48:14 GMT, "Stephan"
scribbled:

You could bet any amount on that and win.
MR
Mike Russell
May 27, 2004
Voivod wrote:
scribbled:

Now that you mention it, how could I have mixed you guys up. Very different styles.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
JW
JP White
May 29, 2004
Voivod wrote:
I just stated the facts. I did not ‘whine’ nor ‘snivel’. Some people get upset by your style. I don’t, tho I thought loon’s comments rather unnecessary and inflamatory. In a weird sorta way I was taking your side.

JP
S
Shamus
May 29, 2004
in article Q3utc.57834$, Mike Russell at
wrote on 05/27/2004 3:36 PM:

Voivod wrote:
scribbled:

Now that you mention it, how could I have mixed you guys up. Very different styles.

That is because you are oblivious.
S
Stephan
May 29, 2004
"Shamus" wrote in message
in article Q3utc.57834$, Mike Russell
at
wrote on 05/27/2004 3:36 PM:

Voivod wrote:
scribbled:

Now that you mention it, how could I have mixed you guys up. Very
different
styles.

That is because you are oblivious.

Nice first post in this group Shamus, I can tell you are going to be very helpful and appreciated here.
Do you get invited a lot to parties and such?

Stephan
FB
Frederic Banaszak
May 29, 2004
On Sat, 29 May 2004 23:07:29 GMT, "Stephan"
wrote:

Nice first post in this group Shamus, I can tell you are going to be very helpful and appreciated here.

Stephan

You might want to look a little closer. It’s not exactly his first post.

🙂
S
Stephan
May 30, 2004
"Frederic Banaszak" wrote in message
wrote:

Stephan

🙂

I did, use advanced Google groups search and see by yourself http://tinyurl.com/3e5tx
FB
Frederic Banaszak
May 30, 2004
On Sun, 30 May 2004 05:10:34 GMT, "Stephan"
wrote:

wrote:

Stephan

🙂

I did, use advanced Google groups search and see by yourself http://tinyurl.com/3e5tx

And that tells you what, exactly? Almost nothing. It tells you that Google has not archived some entity using the name Shamus in this group.

Believe it or not, people have been know to use different names. I think if you studied and compared message headers a bit you would understand what I am saying.
N
newsgroup
May 30, 2004
wrote:

wrote:

Nice first post in this group Shamus, I can tell you are going to be
very
helpful and appreciated here.

Stephan

🙂

And that tells you what, exactly? Almost nothing. It tells you that Google has not archived some entity using the name Shamus in this group.

Believe it or not, people have been know to use different names. I think if you studied and compared message headers a bit you would understand what I am saying.

As an example of how "helpful and appreciated" Stephan is just use the same Google search on Stephan’s own name. Be patient. If you read through enough of Stephan’s posts you’ll find it’s not all sarcasm and bullying attacks.Check out the first one that comes up, it’s a good example of Stephan’s "style"…
….
….
….
….
….
"Mac Lynch" wrote in message
Kia Ora
Our Church has an Analogue photo copier for it’s newsletters etc. I have tried converting my colour digital photos to B&W using Grayscale,
Colour
Channels, Channel Mixers & other experiments, but the result is always
totally
unacceptable when photocopied, usually too dark even when lightened as
much as
possible.

Have you tried blessing the damn machine?

On the other hand, some seemingly random colour photos straight copied
come out
reasonably well.
Is there a hue or contrast or other factor I might use to trick the
photocopier
to produce an acceptable result?

Impossible to tell, you’ll just have to try.

I am not expecting magic!

Yes you are, otherwise you would not go to church…
BV
Branko Vukelic
May 30, 2004
Oh, he’s good. Really creative stuff! LOL! There’s more of this in the archives, right? 🙂

"~Doc" wrote in message
wrote:

wrote:

very

Stephan

🙂

As an example of how "helpful and appreciated" Stephan is just use the same
Google search on Stephan’s own name. Be patient. If you read through enough
of Stephan’s posts you’ll find it’s not all sarcasm and bullying attacks.Check out the first one that comes up, it’s a good example of Stephan’s "style"…

"Mac Lynch" wrote in message
Kia Ora
Our Church has an Analogue photo copier for it’s newsletters etc. I have tried converting my colour digital photos to B&W using Grayscale,
Colour
Channels, Channel Mixers & other experiments, but the result is always
totally
unacceptable when photocopied, usually too dark even when lightened as
much as
possible.

Have you tried blessing the damn machine?

On the other hand, some seemingly random colour photos straight copied
come out
reasonably well.
Is there a hue or contrast or other factor I might use to trick the
photocopier
to produce an acceptable result?

Impossible to tell, you’ll just have to try.

I am not expecting magic!

Yes you are, otherwise you would not go to church…

S
Stephan
May 30, 2004
Subject: Re: i would like to know how this group tolerate such an asshole Vovoid-bustard,smart-ass
Date: Sunday, May 30, 2004 12:50 AM

wrote:

wrote:

very

Stephan

🙂

So tell me, how do YOU know then. Do you have a better tool than Google for Usenet archives?

Right, like I have time for that, Since you have a lot of time tell me what his other pseudonyms are

As an example of how "helpful and appreciated" Stephan is just use the same Google search on Stephan’s own name. Be patient. If you read through enough of Stephan’s posts you’ll find it’s not all sarcasm and bullying attacks.Check out the first one that comes up, it’s a good example of Stephan’s "style"…
….
….
Yes,I did provide quite some help over the years I was posting under Stephane in the beginning (my real name) but got tired of people reading Stephanie so I dropped the final "e"
Now if you don’t like my "style", please stop reading me, or if you know how, just killfile me .

Stephan
FB
Frederic Banaszak
May 30, 2004

So tell me, how do YOU know then. Do you have a better tool than Google for Usenet archives?

I agree that Google is the best for archiving, but I was not looking at Google for the information. I was looking at the message headers.

I see that you use Outlook Express. I don’t know if OE has a way to view the complete message header. I use Forte Agent, where it can be done with at single keystroke.

By looking at the message header and comparing to some older posts, you can sometimes figure out who sent it. Unless, of course, they really want to remain hidden, in which case they will change the information or use a remailer or some other tactic. I am betting, in this case, that "Shamus" didn’t really care that much about hiding his identity, because it seemed to fool the people that he meant to fool.

Additionally, look up Shamus in a dictionary. You’ll see that the whole thing was a bit of a joke.

I’m sure that if (he who’s name shall not be mentioned) is reading this, he is having quite a laugh over how (typically) silly and out-of-control the whole thing has gotten.

— Fred
N
newsgroup
May 31, 2004
As an example of how "helpful and appreciated" Stephan is just use the
same
Google search on Stephan’s own name. Be patient. If you read through
enough
of Stephan’s posts you’ll find it’s not all sarcasm and bullying attacks.Check out the first one that comes up, it’s a good example of Stephan’s "style"…

Yes,I did provide quite some help over the years I was posting under Stephane in the beginning (my real name) but got tired of people reading Stephanie so I dropped the final "e"
Now if you don’t like my "style", please stop reading me, or if you know how, just killfile me .

Stephan

Thanks for the history lesson, now about the present. No I’m not going to killfile you Stephan. What I am doing is asking you, politely, to killfile those people whose posts you consider it unworthy to respond to instead of pissing all over them. There are people with less experience than you who take it as a challenge to explain things to those people who know less than they do. In turn they learn themselves.
~Doc
A
Aratzio
May 31, 2004
in article , Frederic Banaszak at
wrote on 05/30/2004 2:13 AM:

wrote:

wrote:

Stephan

🙂

This is so funny. He is still oblivious to what is going on.

hahahaha.
S
Shamus
May 31, 2004
in article , Frederic Banaszak at
wrote on 05/30/2004 4:02 PM:

I agree that Google is the best for archiving, but I was not looking at Google for the information. I was looking at the message headers.
I see that you use Outlook Express. I don’t know if OE has a way to view the complete message header. I use Forte Agent, where it can be done with at single keystroke.

By looking at the message header and comparing to some older posts, you can sometimes figure out who sent it. Unless, of course, they really want to remain hidden, in which case they will change the information or use a remailer or some other tactic. I am betting, in this case, that "Shamus" didn’t really care that much about hiding his identity, because it seemed to fool the people that he meant to fool.
Additionally, look up Shamus in a dictionary. You’ll see that the whole thing was a bit of a joke.

I’m sure that if (he who’s name shall not be mentioned) is reading this, he is having quite a laugh over how (typically) silly and out-of-control the whole thing has gotten.

— Fred

There is also the fact that "Shamus" is dead, but it makes no difference.
S
Stephan
May 31, 2004

So tell me, how do YOU know then. Do you have a better tool than Google
for
Usenet archives?

You can do that with OE also with two clicks

I know that you can but let’s say I don’t really care most of the time

Most of us are here to help, get help and have a laugh also so all is good.

Stephan
S
Stephan
May 31, 2004
"Aratzio" wrote in message
in article , Frederic Banaszak
at

hahahaha.
Never laugh at your own jokes if you want to look witty. (especially never be the only one laughing)

Stephan
FB
Frederic Banaszak
May 31, 2004
On Mon, 31 May 2004 18:29:23 GMT, "Stephan"
wrote:

in article , Frederic Banaszak
at

hahahaha.
Never laugh at your own jokes if you want to look witty. (especially never be the only one laughing)

Stephan

Stephan, please be careful with attributions. I did not write any of this, so please keep my name out of it.
S
Stephan
Jun 1, 2004
On Mon, 31 May 2004 18:29:23 GMT, "Stephan"
wrote:

in article , Frederic
Banaszak
at

hahahaha.

Stephan

Stephan, please be careful with attributions. I did not write any of this, so please keep my name out of it.
I do not attribute, I reply.

Stephan

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections