T
Posted By
trevnix
Dec 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I’m seeking a critique of a prototype of our website design. Color/content/interface/etc. suggestions welcome. The site is: www.lazyrecipes.com . Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

G
Gormless
Dec 14, 2005
"trevnix" wrote in message
Hi, I’m seeking a critique of a prototype of our website design. Color/content/interface/etc. suggestions welcome. The site is:

Hmm, a direct copy of Google?
Have you no imagination?

Searched: liver, carrot, onion, steak: nothing found.

Do you actually have any content?

So here’s the critique: shite.

Thank you,
Gorm
T
trevnix
Dec 14, 2005
ok thanks Gorm! Any other suggestions? www.lazyrecipes.com
G
Gormless
Dec 14, 2005
ok thanks Gorm! Any other suggestions? www.lazyrecipes.com

Yes of course – don’t give up the day job.
T
trevnix
Dec 14, 2005
Hahaha you’re an ass. someone hire this man
HL
Harry Limey
Dec 14, 2005
Hi, I’m seeking a critique of a prototype of our website design. Color/content/interface/etc. suggestions welcome. The site is: www.lazyrecipes.com . Thanks

Very simple – but simple is often best!!
obviously a limited menu as yet!
When I found a food there was a recipe for – rice – 3 recipes for that! – the links! at the top of the recipe page don’t work.
not sure about the being able to submit a recipe – I hope they are vetted first!!
Is this just a free service you are devising? –
T
trevnix
Dec 14, 2005
Yes we need more content! We’re going to add a few hundred more recipes from various free sources and then move the site into a wiki format so users will be able to edit and contribute more easily. This is a free service–it’s impossible to make any decent money off of advertising these days anyways.
FN
Flo Nelson
Dec 15, 2005

I love the drawing on the home page, though I think I would increase the saturation of the colors a little to make it more eye-catching. Think the search item works well.

I wouldn’t give up on making revenue from ads – recipe sites are very popular these days. I knew someone who created an information site for nurses and made $10,000 a year in ad revenues (and that was ten years ago). He later sold it for a nice amount of money.

If you go for ads, though, I think you would need to beef up the home page a little with more content and perhaps add some about us pages, etc. I would add featured recipes and cooking hints or something like that to the home page.

Flo
R
rubik
Dec 16, 2005
On 14 Dec 2005 12:16:02 -0800, "trevnix" wrote:

cool except a sloth would never hold up his head like that.

too ambitious

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections