MB
Posted By
Matthew_Bruce
Feb 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a problem where I installed Photoshop CS a few weeks back, but since then, no PSD file is showing a thumbnail using the WinXP explorer, when browsing files in thumbnail view.

This was not a problem using any previous version of photoshop. All other image types such as JPG, GIF, BMP etc all work still.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, or know of a possible solution to get them showing again? It’s quite annoying having to open each PSD, not knowing which one you want at a glance.

Cheers

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 23, 2004
That "feature" was removed in PS CS. This has been discussed indepth. Search the forum for details.

Bob
L
LenHewitt
Feb 23, 2004
And a read of the Photoshop CS Readme file would have told you so…..
JP
jeff paulic
Feb 23, 2004
Does this include Win2K??

Some of my PSD doc previews show and others look corrupted (squiggly and incomprehensible lines of color). I have my window view set to details and I am looking at the thumbnail on the left side under the file info. Is this a problem with the server, w2k box, or PS_CS?

thanx,
j
H
Ho
Feb 24, 2004
Did you upgrade to CS from PS 6?
L
LenHewitt
Feb 24, 2004
Jeff,

Does this include Win2K??<<

Yes.

I have my window view set to details <<

In Windows Explorer>View Details all you should see is the icon for the file type, not any sort of preview….
JP
jeff paulic
Feb 24, 2004
thanx for the suggestions and follow up.

No, did not upgrade from PS6, did a fresh install of the entire CS Suite. Still have previous versions of PS, AI and ID on my system.

Yes, icon in the directory view is a PSCS incom. Should have phrased my directory view description better. The preview I am referencing is generated on the left side of the active window and is created when Tools>>Folder Options>>Enable Web Content in Folders is selected.

Working on sending some pictures to a web server (would that help??). Anyways this web enabled content preview works for some files and not for others. Is there a file size limit on the image being previewed? i.e. Over 10mb won’t generate a proper preview.
H
hfrank
Mar 7, 2004
I can’t get Photoshop CS to display psd thumbnails when I use FILE > OPEN. I get thumbnails of all jpg and NEF images, but only icons for psd images. PSD thumbnails are, however, displayed using FILE > BROWSER. (FYI my OS is Windows XP Pro.) Anyone else have this problem?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections